Forever Turning...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forever Turning...

04 GMarq - my blinkers will not shut off after I complete a turn. This irritates the hell out of me. I'll be 2 miles down the road and realize my turn signal is still flashing. I think my old ranger had this issue too back in the day. Is this something simple to fix?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It should be a fairly simple fix. Sounds like you will have to replace the turn signal switch which bolts and unplugs from the column. Rock Auto may have the part. we get a 5% discount. Look up the code on our forum.
    Before you go buying the part. Wait for someone else here to comment. I have had that problem but not on that year of car.

Comment

My '97 was doing the same thing some time ago. The switch just stopped returning. Sometimes it would return enough to stop the signal but leave the corner light on until I moved it back into place. I just replaced the switch with a Standard Motor Product switch and all has been good.

My Cars:
      -1964 Comet 202 (116K Miles) - Long Term Project
      -1986 Dodge D-150 Royale SE (112K Miles) - Slowly Getting Put Back Together
      -1987 Grand Marquis Colony Park LS (325K Miles) - April 2017 + September 2019 POTM Winner
      -1997 Grand Marquis LS (240K Miles) - The Daily Workhorse & March 2015 + January 2019 POTM Winner

Comment

typically it's the multifunction switch (turn signal switch - depending on which part listing you're looking at). Sometimes (rarely) it's the collar around the steering shaft that trips the switch. That thing is a bitch to get to and replace.I'd start with the switch though. Much less aggravation there.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
        Originally posted by gadget73
        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
        Originally posted by dmccaig
        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

most of the time when I've had this, you'll see a broken part on the switch once it's off. There are typically some catches that hold the blinker on and a tab rotates on the column to release the catch. Usually the part that the column tab hits snaps off.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
          X