Trailer lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trailer lights

Tackling some wiring this weekend to hook up a 4 flat style trailer wire harness, any tips before I start? Or which colour wire powers what?(01 MGM)

you could just get one of these: http://www.hopkinstowingsolutions.co...ses/40504.html

but if you already got some wires and just want to tap into the wires in the car, I'll have to look up the 01 wiring when I get home.

Just double checked... Mercury might use different harness back there. I'll verify when I get home for lunch.
    Last edited by sly; 06-07-2017, 11:53 AM.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Bah... MGM is a different connector than CV. No plug and play for you. Here's the wire colors though:

BLACK: Ground
      BROWN: Parking
      LIGHT GREEN/ORANGE: Left Stop/Turn
      ORANGE?LIGHT BLUE: Right Stop/Turn

Apparently the CV has the separate blinkers (except base model/fleet) and the MGM doesn't.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Working...
      X