OEM Hood Release Cable Part Number

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OEM Hood Release Cable Part Number

Anyone have the Ford Part Number for a Hood Release Cable for a 1995 Mercury Grand Marquis? There are plenty for '98 and newer and I am not sure if they fit the '95.
    What I Own: 1993 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
    What I Help Maintain: 1996 CV / 1988 CV / 1988 Tempo

The whale one might fit. The one in my wife's 2000 has the same first bolt mount as my 93. Don't have the time to pull the kick panels off and compare actual hole spacing though. Also, check your latch to see if the end of the cable is the same as the Dorman 912-192 so you'll know if it will actually fit into the latch. I think that would be the only real difference and you can find nice pictures of the dorman part around.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Yeah, the Mustang (from the same year) "looks" correct but not sure about the end at the latch. Can't believe I can't even find a part number or the part itself!

Comment

F2AZ-16916-A

Runs 92/97
        1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
        1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
        Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
        Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggie View Post
          F2AZ-16916-A

Runs 92/97
          Many thanks!! I'll research it to see if I can find one (new as opposed to used like on EBAY).

Comment

So far, no luck in locating an OEM new cable with this part number. Wonder which aftermarket ones are an EXACT match (perhaps the Dorman one mentioned above?)?

Comment

There is a Dorman that is available that has three different handles included. I would not trust it.
              I would go with a good used from a junkyard and keep your eyes open for a nos one. Look at Grand Marquis too from the same years 92-97.
              The Ford part number F2AZ-16916-A is correct as Tiggie mentioned.

Comment

Seems to be discontinued from Ford Parts Websites. Doubt any junk yards around here have CV's or GM's that old. I believe it will fit '91-97's. Wonder if anyone here can locate one?

Comment

Nothing out there right now. I do have an idea. Go to Car-Parts.com . Look under hood latch. Find the one you want, call them and see if you can buy the cable. If not, get the latch with the cable

Comment

Sent them an email since they are closed (the JY they listed) so we'll see what happens come Monday (or later). Thanks for the lead!!

Comment

Working...
                    X