Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best place and best deal to buy plasic gears for 90-91 odometers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best place and best deal to buy plasic gears for 90-91 odometers?

I have a police/140 speedo that needs the plastic gears replaced. Who has the best deal selling them? WagonMan
    89 Colony Park
    90 Colony Park
    70 HEMI Daytona Convertible

I'm having a hard time finding listings that specifically call out '90-'91, but the gears should be the same through '94 MGM and for '94-'98 or '99 Mustang.

It's been quite some time since I last bought those gears, but according to the link address I posted in this post: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/forum/te...14#post1016614, the part number for what I bought was CC05 which is listed all over for '92-'93 MGM (technically should also include '94 in the listings) and '94-'98 Mustang (some listings include '99).
    Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
    ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
    ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
    ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

https://www.odometergears.com/produc...rquis+90-97/60
      Not cheap.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I was planning to buy the metal gears instead of the plastic. Is there any reason why not to use the metal type?
        My nos speedometer I installed last year now needs gears.

Comment

Someone makes these in metal? Never seen them!
          What I Own: 1993 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
          What I Help Maintain: 1996 CV / 1988 CV / 1988 Tempo

Comment

I bought a few sets off of Amazon
            Speedometer Odometer Gear Repair Kit HD for 1994-1998 Ford Mustang | Speedo Gear Cluster OE#30302 https://a.co/d/7g7bdC3

One set, the gear was a tiny bit messed up so it would get stuck at a certain point. I bought another set and all is well.

Comment

I've always bought the kits on eBay when they were like $15 - $20 that covered the main gear and worm gear. I'm going on almost 10 years on mine so far, I think they came in a Völlig​ package then. Used a similar set on the last two 140 MPH '90-'91 clusters I've sold just so whoever purchased didn't have to deal with the issue when received.

My Cars:
              -1964 Comet 202 (116K Miles) - Long Term Project
              -1986 Dodge D-150 Royale SE (112K Miles) - Slowly Getting Put Back Together
              -1987 Grand Marquis Colony Park LS (325K Miles) - April 2017 + September 2019 POTM Winner
              -1997 Grand Marquis LS (240K Miles) - The Daily Workhorse & March 2015 + January 2019 POTM Winner

Comment

Working...
              X