No announcement yet.

Something weird...slight sputtering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aah ok. Thanks man. I'll post up results on Monday.
    '01 Mercury Grand Marquis GS 4.6L
    '01 Ford Mustang GT 4.6L

Comment

Originally posted by r2t View Post
      Is there ANY way to have this problem scanned to be sure? Unfortunately $$$ is a HUGE problem for me right now cuz my Mustang intake manifold cracked on my wife last week.
      Yes, if the problem was noted at all, the computer will know about it. Just because it has a misfire, doesn't mean that it will throw a check engine light immediately.

Your IAC is on the passenger side of the engine I think. Remove the plastic cover to make sure.

Comment

Any recommendations for sensor safe throttle body cleaner?
        '01 Ford Mustang GT 4.6L

Comment

probably the "throttle body cleaner" spray on the shelf at the parts store. MAF cleaner spray should also work. Probably the same stuff.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Thanks, yeah I picked up some MAF cleaner cuz it was sensor safe. While the car hasn't been cutting off or rough idling at startup, the sputtering while driving is getting noticably worse.
            '01 Ford Mustang GT 4.6L

Comment

Well I haven't noticed any rough starts since this past Sunday. I will give it another week or two before I am convinced that did the rough idle / stall problem has been solved.

I do still notice the sputtering thing a bit though. Not like it was before.

Question: I took out the IAC and cleaned that as well as the connecting pipe that goes to the plastic air intake leading from the air filter. I also cleaned the throttle body where the butterfly is. I took apart the throttle plate (I think) Is that where the 2 plates come together vertically just past the butterfly? All of the components seemed quite clean really. But was I supposed to take off 'everything' down to the intake manifold? Which would be that elbow piece from the throttle plate down to the intake, then spray down in there as well?

Sorry, my terminology isn't the greatest so I described parts as best as I could.
              '01 Ford Mustang GT 4.6L

Comment

Bump for my question above.
                '01 Ford Mustang GT 4.6L

Comment

Working...
                X