No announcement yet.

What year is this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yea, the deleted options are no big deal. For me, I like the lighted refector panel and older lock cover. Those things can be added though, so no big deal. But like said, '96-'97 are the years you want.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
    1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
    1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
    2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
    2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Rare to see a 95-97 Sig without leather.
      2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
      2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
      Past Panthers
      1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
      if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

Of course I'm at least 1000 miles from anybody, but a homeowner in my subdivision has that vintage TC for sale. It's that sort of cream metallic w/a quarter top I believe. I can get photos and info this weekend. Most of these guys are winter Texans and either leave the car in the garage down here when they go back north or take really good care of them.
        1991 Grand Marquis LS.
        2001 Mustang Bullitt (bought new)

Comment

Shipping cost for a nice rust free car in my opinion is cheaper than any rust fixes. Then after the rust repairs, it still isn't rust free. Lots of nice cars come from Texas.
          Even some of the west coast dealers buy them from Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigbullitt View Post
            Of course I'm at least 1000 miles from anybody, but a homeowner in my subdivision has that vintage TC for sale. It's that sort of cream metallic w/a quarter top I believe. I can get photos and info this weekend. Most of these guys are winter Texans and either leave the car in the garage down here when they go back north or take really good care of them.
            meh... you're only 500 miles from me

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
            Originally posted by gadget73
            ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
            Originally posted by dmccaig
            Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

What year is this?

Originally posted by Mainemantom View Post
              Shipping cost for a nice rust free car in my opinion is cheaper than any rust fixes. Then after the rust repairs, it still isn't rust free. Lots of nice cars come from Texas.
              Even some of the west coast dealers buy them from Texas.
              Yeah shipping isn't too bad. I've been looking on eBay and shipping quotes are usually about 300-400. But personally I think I'd rather go over a car in person before I buy. But a good deal would be hard to pass up.
              Last edited by fmansfield444; 03-08-2013, 12:45 PM.
              1985 LTD Crown Victoria - Currently restoring after she caught fire! CFI to SEFI to Carb swap, all custom wiring, Duraspark 2 ignition, Motorcraft 2100 Carb, slicktop, Shorty headers dumped before rear axle, 140 Speedo, 3G alt, And currently building an engine for her.

2000 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series - 165XXX, PI intake swap , 30 MPG Easy on the Highway, All options except dual exhaust. Currently looking for 2 front seats: Heated, Memory, and Light Graphite color!!

Comment

IIRC, the '98-02 steering wheel was introduced in the '97 TC. The '97 CV/GM still had the Taurus/Sable steering wheel. Google the pics to see the differences.
                '79 Continental Town Car
                '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Originally posted by 79lincolnlover View Post
                  IIRC, the '98-02 steering wheel was introduced in the '97 TC. The '97 CV/GM still had the Taurus/Sable steering wheel. Google the pics to see the differences.
                  False! Lol. The town car never got the nicer looking stering wheel, that came in everything else. I dont know why, they looked great in the mark VIII.

Comment

The TC never got the Taurus wheel because there was no provision for steering wheel controls for HVAC / Audio.
                    2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
                    2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
                    Past Panthers
                    1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
                    if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

How common is the digi dash on the 95-97 townies because I don't think I've seen one without it. I like the way it looks as long as it's reliable.
                      1985 LTD Crown Victoria - Currently restoring after she caught fire! CFI to SEFI to Carb swap, all custom wiring, Duraspark 2 ignition, Motorcraft 2100 Carb, slicktop, Shorty headers dumped before rear axle, 140 Speedo, 3G alt, And currently building an engine for her.

2000 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series - 165XXX, PI intake swap , 30 MPG Easy on the Highway, All options except dual exhaust. Currently looking for 2 front seats: Heated, Memory, and Light Graphite color!!

Comment

Very common. It was standard equipment lol. The marquis/vic digi cluster is the same I belive.

Comment

Gonna go take a look at this tomorrow morning, it's a 99 Cartier with one of my favorite colors. 1800 cash so if it runs/drives and is as clean as the pics look I could be driving this around tomorrow.

Click image for larger version

Name:	3Ec3Ld3H65E25Kb5M7d3l8b82591ac5d31091.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	30.1 KB
ID:	1271918
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	3Ge3K23He5Ld5M55J7d3la350af8efcac1f4e.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	43.3 KB
ID:	1271919

Driver's seat looks pretty clean so hopefully it doesnt have like 400K miles on it

also congrats on the 97 Cartier marquisman. What did you use to find it? I've been looking mostly on Craigslist within 100 miles from me.

Comment

Nice find. Just make sure you check it out, top to bottom. And thanks. I used auto trader. I just did a "any distance" search. Im sure I got lucky cause, there are a hella lot of shady cars on there lol. Once I take delivery, I will post pics. Im now trying to sell off my mark VI quick time. And the wagon, my old man wants to buy it off me.

Comment

Went to look at it today, car is very clean body/interior wise. Someone botched up the radio area and very badly installed some aftermarket garbage.

Only thing swaying me from it is the engine was having a hard time idling when it was cold. It was like 25 degrees out.

Also it was making what I think may be the bad timing chain tensioners sound in front of the engine. kinda like a sewing machine.

I may go and look at it again with a code scanner which I forgot to take. Would an IAC cause a code on OBD2? Service Engine Soon light was on.

Comment

If the seller tries to pressure you into a sale, move on...
                                '79 Continental Town Car
                                '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                                '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Working...
                                X