Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 79lincolnlover View Post
    Do you wear glasses?
    Yes! Will see if that makes a difference!

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

If they are polarized sunglasses, that can have interesting effects with various displays. This sounds stupid, but try tilting your head. If it gets dimmer or brighter, its a case of the filters in the dash aren't lined up the same as the filters in your glasses. Not much to be done for that honestly.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Are you driving during the day with your headlights on? If so even on the brightest setting with the lights on its dimmer than without.
        2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
        2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
        Past Panthers
        1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
        if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
          If they are polarized sunglasses, that can have interesting effects with various displays. This sounds stupid, but try tilting your head. If it gets dimmer or brighter, its a case of the filters in the dash aren't lined up the same as the filters in your glasses. Not much to be done for that honestly.
          Now this is REALLY interesting! Got to try it WITHOUT the sunglases!!

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

Comment

Originally posted by tjc78 View Post
            Are you driving during the day with your headlights on? If so even on the brightest setting with the lights on its dimmer than without.
            No headlights on during the day unless it is raining (it's the law, here).

Comment

are you turning the lights on, or just using the daytime running lights? DRL does not dim the instrument panel and your car should have that function.
              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Usually NO lights on at all (unless if it is raining). The bright sunshine seems to "wash out" the dash so that is why I am seeking suggestions.

Comment

Working...
                X