Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I think im getting rid of my 94 grand marquis....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Must... fix... car...

No life for you!

Good luck. sxc that 03 might be a really good deal!

Pete
    Originally posted by gadget73
    For other types of inquiry, more information is required. Please press 4 to speak to a representative who can help you with your question. This call may be monitored for quality assurance purposes.

2003 Grand Marquis Ultimate, the "Stealth Bomber": http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...-Grand-Marquis
    1991 S-10, 'Bulldog', 2.5l 5 speed: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...375#post698375
    1985 Town Car, 'Faded Glory', gone but not forgotten. 84/87/91/97 MGMs too.

Comment

why not keep your money and fix the 94?
      everything you mentioned the 05 is going to need in a few years also
      sounds like perfect timing for a big brake upgrade!
      eff the banks, let them keep their dirty money!

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
      2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
      1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
      1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
      2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
      1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Originally posted by Lincolnmania View Post
        why not keep your money and fix the 94?
        everything you mentioned the 05 is going to need in a few years also
        sounds like perfect timing for a big brake upgrade!
        eff the banks, let them keep their dirty money!
        Agree with you, as usual, but I think he needs something reliable NOW so that precludes what you say. But then again, who knows what repairs wait in store for the '05??

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

If I read your post right you are going to keep, or at least not trade, the 94. Sometimes it is good to have a second car around if parking is not a problem and insurance is cheap. Other times it is more of a PITA then it is worth. Costs for maint, insurance and misc. can easily rise to where it would be cheaper to use the occasional renter.

If you are taking a loan on the 05, maybe it would be better to trade the 94 and reduce your debt and the interest payments by shortening the loan term, (which should reduce also reduce the rate) but you have to weigh that against the need for a spare car.

It was hard to sell my 93 (really loved that car, made me a Panther guy) when I got the 03. It was the right decision in retrospect, but I always had a wagon of some type as a spare and a vehicle I could use when work had to be done. Maybe you should have an f150 or Jeep or some SUV sitting around or maybe it is more important at this stage of you life to conserve the money.

Either way enjoy the 05. Post a few pics.

Keep the old car or not, you will always be "94" to us.

Particularly as I don't know if you can change your user name.
          Last edited by jaywish; 03-27-2014, 10:30 AM.
          03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
          02 SL500 Silver Arrow
          08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
          12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Thanks for all the advice and tips. Yeah the reason I'm kinda rushed is I got a new job that I travel 15 miles to one way and then I go to client sites as needed(I'm an it consultant for businesses which are as far as the next state over). When I got the 94 my job was 5 miles away from home and I planned on slowly working on the car and riding my bike or motorcycle to work. However I can't do that anymore. I definitely don't want to trade in the Marquis but it will help with the down payment.
            I like that 03. Unfortunately I live in the north west of Ohio so Cleveland is a far drive for me. But that 03 is really nice. Now if someone wanted to drive it to me...lol

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by sxcpotatoes View Post
              http://cleveland.craigslist.org/cto/4382849146.html[/url]
              Now that's a deal!

Comment

You could always pay a reputable shop to inspect it in cleveland & negotiate over the phone. You could probably megabus in to Cleveland cheap and drive home. Set cruise at 60 on way home and you'll get 26 mpg or better on winter gas.

Sent from my XT557 using Tapatalk 2
                Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

Im heading out in the morning to check out a few different grand marquis. The benefit is the price makes it so i dont even need to get rid of my other one. I will keep everyone updated.

Comment

Well I bought the 05 Marquis. It was a bitter sweet moment getting rid of the 94 but it was the smartest decision I could make right now. This 05 is super clean and I talked the guy down 1000 plus upped my trade in. It was owned by some old couple who did all the routine maintenance (via Carfax). Anyways thanks for the advice on everything. I will be posting pictures shortly.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats!

Pete
                      Originally posted by gadget73
                      For other types of inquiry, more information is required. Please press 4 to speak to a representative who can help you with your question. This call may be monitored for quality assurance purposes.

2003 Grand Marquis Ultimate, the "Stealth Bomber": http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...-Grand-Marquis
                      1991 S-10, 'Bulldog', 2.5l 5 speed: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...375#post698375
                      1985 Town Car, 'Faded Glory', gone but not forgotten. 84/87/91/97 MGMs too.

Comment

Sounds like you did well.
                        03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
                        02 SL500 Silver Arrow
                        08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
                        12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Working...
                        X