No announcement yet.

Should i buy??? To good to be true, probably

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yes, air springs, not the bomb in the steering wheel.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

"To Find yourself, you must first lose yourself"

-1973 Volkswagen Bus Westy
      -1986 Honda Magna 700cc
      -1989 Lincoln Town car Signature Series
      -2011 Subaru Outback

Comment

I don't know what I was thinking, maybe I should've been paying more attention to either the forum or math class, not both at the same time

Comment

Valve stem issues only affects 91-95's.
          2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
          2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
          2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
          1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Originally posted by pantera77 View Post
            Valve stem issues only affects 91-95's.
            thats a common myth. I had a 96 with only 86k on it and it burned a quart every 700 miles. Was not too happy about that. My 96 Signature, however barely used any between changes.
            Nick

Past: 1967 Continental convertible, 1987 TC Cartier, 1996 TC DAE & Signature, 2002 LS V8, 2006 Zephyr, 2010 MKZ AWD, and many more.....
            Current: 2010 F-150 Platinum Supercrew 4x4
            Wanted: 1967 or 1969 Contnential sedan
            Only in my dreams: A Continental Mark II

Comment

it's only a general rule. There are always exceptions.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
              rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
              Originally posted by gadget73
              ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
              Originally posted by dmccaig
              Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

My '95 GM doesn't use oil so either I got lucky (it has almost 190K) or it was made after "the change"??

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

96 is when they got redesigned valve stem seals, though it's always possible you got lucky and yours don't leak, or you got unlucky and the new style leaks.

My old 92 with 105k on it burned a 1qt every 200 miles. People would honk at me it smoked so bad.
                  My new 92 with 56k on it doesn't smoke at all.

As a general rule of thumb though, 91-95 are the smokers.
                  2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
                  1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

cars that require oil to be added between oil changes are not acceptable. I'm pissed that I have visible leakage on one of mine now, doubly so because fixing it involves pulling the motor.
                    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

The intake replacement is not too difficult, just time consuming, several good youtube videos on it. You can get a Dorman intake from rockauto or ebay for under $200.

Even the replaced intakes with aluminum crossover will leak...there's plastic under the aluminum that rots as well as the heater hose connection eventually rotting. I've been putting off replacing the one in my '98 which has a slow leak at the heater hose nipple.

Once again, great engineering from Ford...plastic toy intake manifolds.
                      Last edited by Louis; 10-23-2014, 12:23 AM.

Comment

I guess that's the flip side to the 91-95's, They never have intake problems besides for the EGR passages clogging up.

Comment

Yeah, im kinda iffy about the dorman's, never heard about em. But I will look at her tomorrow.
                          Im not that excited since it is only an executive!

IN addition, the only reason im looking for a daily is that my 2002 toyota corolla burns a quart every 600 miles, RIDICULOUS!!
                          "To Find yourself, you must first lose yourself"

-1973 Volkswagen Bus Westy
                          -1986 Honda Magna 700cc
                          -1989 Lincoln Town car Signature Series
                          -2011 Subaru Outback

Comment

most of why I won't tolerate things that leak or burn oil is because I don't check the oil. I think I've had the dipstick out on my truck maybe a half dozen times in the last 13 years outside of oil changes.

Comment

I second that, Thain. I like the piece of mind of having a car that doesn't burn oil lol
                              I wouldn't buy the Dorman intakes, I've heard nasty things about them. Cheaper made and they flow different and decrease power or some CVN bullshit.
                              But then again, those CVN guys know their bullshit
                              __________________________________________________

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
                              The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
                              It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

It's a cheap aftermarket intake, no more, no less. I wouldn't put it on my car, but I'm sure thousands upon thousands have been installed problem free.

Comment

Working...
                                X