2003 Grand Marquis Radio ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vettecor View Post
    ... I was thinking about getting another "generic" radio or possibly another factory radio to see if that works.

I hate to buy another radio if the antenna is the problem. ...
    You might be able to get a cheap factory radio for testing purposes at a junkyard. If by "generic" you mean any old aftermarket radio, you would need a wiring harness adapter if you don't want to be cutting off the factory connector.

2000 Grand Marquis LS HPP, a hand-me-down in 2008 with 128,000 km; 175,000 km as of July 2014
    mods: air filter box 'tuba', headlight relay harness, J-mod (around 186,350 km), 70mm throttle body, KYB Gas-A-Just shocks, aluminum driveshaft, ARA3 PCM

Comment

You could rig an antenna and plug it into the unit, see if it picks anything up.

Pete
      Originally posted by gadget73
      For other types of inquiry, more information is required. Please press 4 to speak to a representative who can help you with your question. This call may be monitored for quality assurance purposes.

2003 Grand Marquis Ultimate, the "Stealth Bomber": http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...-Grand-Marquis
      1991 S-10, 'Bulldog', 2.5l 5 speed: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...375#post698375
      1985 Town Car, 'Faded Glory', gone but not forgotten. 84/87/91/97 MGMs too.

Comment

Originally posted by IPreferDIY View Post
        You might be able to get a cheap factory radio for testing purposes at a junkyard. If by "generic" you mean any old aftermarket radio, you would need a wiring harness adapter if you don't want to be cutting off the factory connector.
        I have installed 3 aftermarket radios in the last 10 years. My T-bird and Mustang have aftermarket radios. I have bought these radios from Crutchfield and NEVER had a problem.

Today I also turned on the rear window defogger and the radio at the same time. No change, still nothing but static. No pitch change or volume change.

Comment

Maybe I missed this but....
          Have you pulled the radio out of the dash to see it the antenna is even plugged in?
          Also, on some cars I've seen a radio antenna plug right behind the glove box, sort of a factory splice.
          And I've seen these get unplugged for different reasons.

Comment

I just got back in town. Will pull the radio out this weekend. My love muffin, (wife), went out and bought some more CD's so she doesn't care if the radio gets fixed or not.

I still enjoy listening to the radio at times so I am hoping I can find the problem.

Comment

I pulled the radio out and the antenna is connected. I disconnected it and put it back on, still NOTHING. I checked under the dashboard, pulled the kick panel, and climbed in the trunk.

I don't see any wires disconnected anywhere and I can't find the stupid module. I guess I will just play CD's.

What makes me real mad is I got rid of 300+ cassette tapes last year. The car also has a cassette player. Oh well, s?it happens.

I will try to get an external antenna just to see if the radio works with it connected.
              Last edited by Vettecor; 11-26-2014, 10:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X