Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

one is the optional power antenna, the other I do not know.
    "Shakedown"- 1991 Grand Marquis GS Dual exhaust, Magnaflow xl turbos, Rear anti sway bar, Outlaw 1 wheels, 43k miles
    1985 GMC 1500

Comment

Originally posted by 91grandmarquis View Post
      one is the optional power antenna, the other I do not know.

ooh...maybe more parts car goodies..i noticed power antenna but the interior is apart
      sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

depends on wagon or sedan if its a sedan witch it looks like, antenna, windshild defrost and rear defrost. on a wagon, there would be a tailgate window button but, ive never seen 4 buttons though

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
        1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
        1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
        2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
        2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

On the skinny piece of dash trim there are holes in the back for the other two buttons as well, I guess they just put a different face on the piece of trim depending on what options the car had, as the wiring is evidently there.
          sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

i know that lol but, iv never seen a full cluster of buttons lol iv only seen 3, both of the 1991 mercs i had contained just 3. 4 would be cool though

Comment

the tailgate one is on the other side of the steering wheel between the wheel and the driver's door. I have antenna and rear def, but no windshield de-ice
              Originally posted by gadget73
              There is nothing more permanent than a temporary fix.
              91 Mercury CP, Lopo 302, AOD, 3.08LSD. 3g upgrade, Moog wagon coils up front, cc819s in the back. KYB GR-2 police shocks. Energy suspension control arm bushings. Smog deleted.
              93 F-150 XLT, 302, ZF 5-spd from 1-ton, 4wd.
              Daily--07 Civic Coupe. Bone stock with 25k miles
              Wife--14 Subaru Outback. 6-speed.
              95 Subaru Legacy Wagon--red--STOLEN 1/6/13

Comment

shit, thats right, my 91 merc wagon i had was equipt with all now that i think of it, i forgot since it was a long time ago when i had it lol

Comment

I'm a dumbass. Tried to edit part about the tranny's today.

Yes I accidentally deleted the box history. Yes I accidentally deleted all the photos too. Yes I have them backed up. I will get everything uploaded again soon. Just be glad it was backed up. I'm pissed at myself to the tenth degree.
                  1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
                  1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
                  Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
                  Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

oops.....at least u have backup........my old mac crashed and i have tons of pics on it......so now when i want to look at something, i gotta search my attachments here

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                    2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                    1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                    1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                    2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                    1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

It's Baaaack!

http://grandmarq.net/tiggie/Box%20History/History.htm

Thank God for backup!

Check for dead links... and email me some factory GM and Lincoln pics to add... (high quality please)

GMN Box Panther History

Comment

Originally posted by 1990LTD View Post
                        What are the two other buttons on the skinny panel left of the rear defrost? I have wiring harnesses back there but they're not plugged into anything.

also power locks weren't standard on all models but that's nitpicky stuff
                        the three buttons are the power antenna up/down, InstaClear on/off, and rear defroster on/off.
                        For 90, 91, and 92 (rare) the windshield had its own button.

very thorough history, nicely done.
                        1988 MGM GS - Preferred Equipment Package 172A; InstaClear

1980 Lincoln Continental Coupe
                        1994 MGM GS Montigua
                        2005 F150 Lariat Scab 4x4 3.73 LS
                        2002 Mustang GT Coupe

Comment

Tiggie - You mention that by 87 "All CV’s receive full armrests with ashtrays, power windows and locks as standard". Not a big deal by any means, as you have obviously gone through a lot of work to put this history together for us. Very informative piece and I enjoyed reading it. But I have to point out I had an 88 CV which had 2-tone paint, cloth seats, full carpeting, autolamp, cruise control and manual HVAC but it also had the old base model type interior door panels with the door pull handle in the front end of the armrest, roll-up windows, manual locks and no power trunk release. It was a 5.0/AOD/3.08 open rear end car with single exhaust until I put a stock type dual exhaust setup underneath of it. I believe that car came from Alberta, Canada when new and the guy I got it from brought it to Newfoundland around 1998 from Rocky Mountain House, Alberta. A Canadian anomaly, perhaps?
                          To add to this: Does anyone know how to go about finding out how many Grand Marquis LS units were equipped with the 5.8 carb option in any given year? I had an 89 GM LS from 2001-2003 that had a factory installed 5.8 with the 7200VV and I have a feeling this was a rare optioned car, and I'd like to learn more about it.
                          Thanks
                          Summer car-> 1988 Lincoln Town Car, triple blue, 335,xxx km. New HO 5.0 in and running. Bought 2006/08/22. June 2017 PotM!
                          Winter vehicle-> 1995 Ford F-250 XLT SuperCab 4x4, 284,xxx+km. AKA "Brutus" 460/E4OD/4.10 axles and 12 MPG. Bought 2019/08/14

Originally posted by phayzer5
                          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I was reading through the first few years of the history... and noticed A: It says the S model was introduced in 1980, when it began in 79 as well (i think this was once corrected but perhaps was not carried over in the backup)
                            and B: The police package was confirmed...however the years it was offered are still allusive.

Figured I'd just say it and let it be investigated.

-Phil
                            -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

I wanna know how many police package wagons there were.

Comment

Originally posted by nfldfordltd View Post
                                Tiggie - You mention that by 87 "All CV’s receive full armrests with ashtrays, power windows and locks as standard". Not a big deal by any means, as you have obviously gone through a lot of work to put this history together for us. Very informative piece and I enjoyed reading it. But I have to point out I had an 88 CV which had 2-tone paint, cloth seats, full carpeting, autolamp, cruise control and manual HVAC but it also had the old base model type interior door panels with the door pull handle in the front end of the armrest, roll-up windows, manual locks and no power trunk release. It was a 5.0/AOD/3.08 open rear end car with single exhaust until I put a stock type dual exhaust setup underneath of it. I believe that car came from Alberta, Canada when new and the guy I got it from brought it to Newfoundland around 1998 from Rocky Mountain House, Alberta. A Canadian anomaly, perhaps?
                                I think we updated that in the newest update at http://www.grandmarq.net/tiggie/Box%...ry/History.htm. I now own the '88 wagon in my signature with base model interior, manual everything so they do certainly exist!

To add to this: Does anyone know how to go about finding out how many Grand Marquis LS units were equipped with the 5.8 carb option in any given year? I had an 89 GM LS from 2001-2003 that had a factory installed 5.8 with the 7200VV and I have a feeling this was a rare optioned car, and I'd like to learn more about it.
                                Thanks
                                The 5.8L was a Canada-Only option after 1981, except police versions which remained available in the US until 1991. I'm not sure how long they offered it in Canada - maybe until 1991? I've heard it was part of a tow package for the Canada cars. The Canada 5.8L isn't common. I know I have seen two of them on the internet and heard of a couple members owning them at some time. But I would certainly consider them uncommon when compared to the 5.0L cars. I know the Ford breakdown was 302-98% and 351-2% for 1989, but I can't find data for the Mercury.

Brown_Muscle - I'll do some investigating on the S-Model today or tomorrow. I know the base model cars existed, but were they officially called S or just base models? I'll fix that info about the Merc PI package too. I think I have fixed that in my copy but I just haven't uploaded it yet.

86VickyLX - Since I have been out of the GMN family for a while, has there been any verified PI wagons or stories of one? I had some fleet literature at one time that stated you couldn't order a PI package on a wagon. That may have changed over the production span. Two-Doors were a different story, however (to my knowledge)! But I've never seen or heard of one actually being produced.

GMN Box Panther History

Comment

Working...
                                X