X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by marquisman
    i think he means in boxes, but i might be wrong

Yeah I figured that but I'd figured I'd go ahead and post that because I am kinda bored and saw an opportunity to fill about 45 seconds of that time.
    1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
    1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
    Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
    Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

lol

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
      1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
      1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
      2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
      2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

i never see anyother mercs with a C4 anymore

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
        1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
        1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
        2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
        2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Hehe, that's okay, always fun to have an extra bit of trivia. I'll have to call my Mustang pal - he probably still has a friend's '64-1/2 in the shop, so if he's not sure he can just go look.
          2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan in MN
            You mean about how I have a 2nd gear-only at the bottom instead of a 1st gear-only at the bottom?
            Nate, does the 2 selection use 1st and 2nd, or does it start the car off in 2nd, skipping 1st?
            Nick
            88 Colony Park LS
            G-pa's old car, but he's cruisin around heaven in his 69 wagon now
            Future plans:Semi HO conversion, or Explorer motor swap, shift kit, PI springs and sway bars, KYB-GR2 shocks

Comment

It starts out in 2nd and will stay there till the cows come home.

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
              1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
              But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

Interesting. I'm assuming that was an option geared towards LEA's in colder climates that experiaced snowfall, as starting off in 2nd gear would be beneficial on icy/snowy roads.
                Nick
                88 Colony Park LS
                Future plans:Semi HO conversion, or Explorer motor swap, shift kit, PI springs and sway bars, KYB-GR2 shocks

Comment

Originally posted by 88MercWagon
                  Interesting. I'm assuming that was an option geared towards LEA's in colder climates that experiaced snowfall, as starting off in 2nd gear would be beneficial on icy/snowy roads.
                  Yeah, that's my guess. Though it really doesn't help much...lol

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
                  1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
                  But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan in MN
                    Yeah, that's my guess. Though it really doesn't help much...lol
                    I had to start in 3rd a few times in the 'stang the one scary winter I drove it. Ironically, the car met it's demise in the nicer months.........
                    1989 Town Car Cartier: 3G Alt. Upgrade, Mark VIII Electric Fan, Police Interceptor Suspension, 40-series Flows, loaded. HO+ Conversion: E7 heads, Cobra 1.7RR's, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, FMS "E" Camshaft, 4-hole 19lb/hr injectors, A9P ECM, 76mm C&L MAF, BBK CAI. 338,000Km, stock bottom-end.

Comment

Cool history Tiggie, I just read through it. Kind of neat to see how little 2-doors were made over the course of the years as compared to the 4-doors. Makes me want to go out and fine another one...

You should post this on CVN...

~Adam

'85 2-Door Crown Victoria
                      302 HO, -0.022" E7 Heads, Weiand Dual Plane Intake, Edelbrock 1406 Carb, Mechanical Fuel Pump, HEI Distributor, 180* T-stat, Transgo Shift Kit, HO Governor, Lokar TV/Throttle Cable Setup, B&M Torq Master 2000 RPM Stall Converter, FRPP Trans Cooler, Mustang Shorty Headers, 2.25" Dual Exhaust, Flowtech H-pipe (no converters), Hooker AeroChamber Mufflers, Side-exit Exhaust w/ Chromed 2.5" Tips, '02 PI F/R Shocks, Cut 2004 PI Front Springs in the Rear, PI Rear Sway Bar, 17" SAP Wheels, 245/50/Z17 Michelin Pilot A/S Tires, Cold A/C, Cruise Control, 4.10 Rear End Gears, Trac Lok Diff.
                      '04 Crown Victoria LX Sport, '02 Jeep Liberty
                      '83 Suzuki GS 1100E Motorcycle[/color]

Comment

Originally posted by AOD
                        You should post this on CVN...
                        I know I should, CVN is where I was broken in as a Panther Fan. This place just feels more like home, now, though. Plus the new format over there is make my eyeballs hurt! I may post it over there evetually, but I want it to stay here now. More Box people to enjoy it!
                        1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
                        1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
                        Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
                        Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Originally posted by 88MercWagon
                          Great point. Silly I didn't try that in the C4 car this winter!

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggie
                            I know I should, CVN is where I was broken in as a Panther Fan. This place just feels more like home, now, though. Plus the new format over there is make my eyeballs hurt! I may post it over there evetually, but I want it to stay here now. More Box people to enjoy it!
                            So it's not just me. I'm new to this forum thing, and I joined GMN first and CVN second, and I'm still trying to figure out the basics. I just find this site much easier to use.

Comment

CVN is much larger, so they have to support more advertisements and stuff to keep it going. GMN is 100% funded by the staff, and member donations.

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp
                                Great point. Silly I didn't try that in the C4 car this winter!
                                The 2 on the C4 makes it start out in 2nd as well? Interesting.
                                Nick
                                88 Colony Park LS

Comment

Working...
                                X