Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AbiWord is free, and handles MS-Office formats just fine. http://www.abisource.com/
    2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Once you unzip it, it's a Rich-Text file, Word Pad should open it.

Weird this should pop up tonight, I'm working on an HTML version complete with pictures. I've revised some of it yet again...
      1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
      1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
      Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
      Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Originally posted by Blaze86Vic View Post
        So did you write anything about some police models having a different shift pattern? It's very rare, and nothing is written about it in any service manual, Ford or otherwise.
        Yes it does, and even in the manual that came with the car it states a different shift pattern i have a picture of it somewhere...It goes: P R N D 3 2. Well take a look for yourself...oh and When I put mine in second it still starts in first

Attached Files
        Last edited by Brown_Muscle; 02-02-2008, 01:22 AM.
        -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

Yeah, that's the same as on mine except it has "D" instead of "3". Same thing, just different nomenclature.

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
          1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
          But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

hmmm, probobly the year then that makes the difference then. Oh and not to embarrass myself that picture was taken far before I got the car haha
            -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

Comment

Yeah. I think the Box History mentions that somewhere or other.

But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

That's the difference on the new dash pad I got. I got it from a post facelift Grand Marquis. My old dash had the center grille and it was all cracked up and stuff. I don't have that grille for the center now. It looks better anyway without it, one less thing to crack.

Comment

Originally posted by Brown_Muscle View Post
                  Yes it does, and even in the manual that came with the car it states a different shift pattern i have a picture of it somewhere...It goes: P R N D 3 2. Well take a look for yourself...oh and When I put mine in second it still starts in first

Hey your car doesn't have the fake wood paneling on the dash around the speedo and stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
                    Hey your car doesn't have the fake wood paneling on the dash around the speedo and stuff.
                    Funky, you're right!

And BM, apparently it was standard issue for police cars to come with a special AOD valvebody that would start out in Second gear when placed in Low. If yours actually does start in First with the gear selector in Low ("2" in your case), chances are the valvebody isn't original or has been modified. No biggie; non-police shift indicators are pretty easy to find if it matters to you.
                    2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

hmmm ok, I havnt tried putting it in 2 for quite a while Ill try it out later today, what wierd is the 0-15mph time is sooo slow even if you floor it, is that just because of my rear end gearing, or is it possible i always start out in second and something is stuck?

Nope the entire panel is plastic, the only place it says "LTD-S" is on the passenger side about the glove compartment and its built in, not removable like some of them.
                      -Phil

sigpic

Comment

Probably because of the rear gears. Just count the shifts, that'll tell you if it's starting out in second or not.

Comment

yes good point, it sucks that I pretty much only drive the car around town...the speed limit is 25, but it gets into third, just figured I'd throw the idea out there
                          -Phil

sigpic

Comment

About all Lincolns having ABS after 86 is wrong as my 89 TC doesn't either.

Tim
                            2000 Ford Crown Victoria
                            84 Lincoln Town car signature, R.I.P
                            85 Ford LTD Crown Victoria 2 door performance project
                            89 Lincoln town car: RIP
                            89 Crown Victoria LX 2002 USACi sound quality world champion RIP
                            1990 Mercury Grand Marquis LS
                            1994 Mercury Grand Marquis (sold)
                            2004 Mercury Marauder. owned for a week then got screwed by the dealer

Comment

The 1989 LTD Crown victoria S police model we have is a 5.0L with power locks and manual windows and has the 100amp alternater. It came with the standard radio and a full size spare. And I think that all fleet models came in white as standard.
                              YouTube. FaceBook Crown Vic Group

Comment

Originally posted by over2tonsofFun View Post
                                About all Lincolns having ABS after 86 is wrong as my 89 TC doesn't either.

Tim
                                That's been changed on the lastest version (on my computer), but thanks for reaffirming that!

Originally posted by capridrifter View Post
                                The 1989 LTD Crown victoria S police model we have is a 5.0L with power locks and manual windows and has the 100amp alternater. It came with the standard radio and a full size spare. And I think that all fleet models came in white as standard.
                                The fleet models got power windows/locks as standard in 1990, not saying they weren't available before then. The last fleet car I saw in the junkyard was an '87 P72 351W with power locks/windows/deluxe arm rests.

I've got a little free time today, I think I'll play with the box history html file I'm working on and see if I can incorporate some pictures.
                                1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
                                1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
                                Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
                                Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Working...
                                X