Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1989 LTD Crown Victoria LX 5.0 engine specs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those ratios you have for the AOD are correct. I don't know what the reverse ratio is, but someone around here probably does.

Beautiful car, by the way! I love black panthers!

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
    1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
    But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

Has anyone experience with hyperlubricants in old 5.0 engines?

Comment

Welcome to GMN and might I add, nice CV!!!! I have this movie called Rendevouz; freakin awesome; but I wonder if the streets in Paris are still like that?
        Packman

Comment

Hi Packman
          I don t know the movie You mentioned, but I guess that streets around here are pretty much like You ve seen
          mfmagicmike

Comment

Your rear gear (final drive) ratio can be one of two things most likely. Either 2.73 or 3.08. Almost undoubtedly it is an open differential (not posi). The rear is an 8.8" Ford rear with 11" drum brakes. There should be a metal tag located on the differential cover at the rear of the rear axle. This has the code for all the info on what is inside (ie gear, posi)

Comment

I checked the tag You mentionned but what is written on it doesn t match the 1989 rear wheel drive Ford specifications book. It says V014 D 08 88 9 G24
              Off course the differential has an axle ratio of 3.08 (not a traction-lok), code Y.
              Do You know were the engine number is located (front of the engine or on the left side)?
              thanks
              mfmagicmike

Comment

On the HO engines, there was a sticker on the passenger-side valve cover with the number on it. I don't know where it is in the lopo engines, possibly the same spot. I could go check my lopo covers if necessary, as they are in the garage............
                1989 Town Car Cartier: 3G Alt. Upgrade, Mark VIII Electric Fan, Police Interceptor Suspension, 40-series Flows, loaded. HO+ Conversion: E7 heads, Cobra 1.7RR's, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, FMS "E" Camshaft, 4-hole 19lb/hr injectors, A9P ECM, 76mm C&L MAF, BBK CAI. 338,000Km, stock bottom-end.

Comment

I have a number on the engine behind the distributor cap and another on the left passenger valve, must be one of these two
                  mfmagicmike

Comment

The one on the valve cover, is it a sticker of sorts? If so, that's the one.
                    1989 Town Car Cartier: 3G Alt. Upgrade, Mark VIII Electric Fan, Police Interceptor Suspension, 40-series Flows, loaded. HO+ Conversion: E7 heads, Cobra 1.7RR's, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, FMS "E" Camshaft, 4-hole 19lb/hr injectors, A9P ECM, 76mm C&L MAF, BBK CAI. 338,000Km, stock bottom-end.

Comment

Originally posted by Blaze86Vic
                      Your rear gear (final drive) ratio can be one of two things most likely. Either 2.73 or 3.08. Almost undoubtedly it is an open differential (not posi). The rear is an 8.8" Ford rear with 11" drum brakes. There should be a metal tag located on the differential cover at the rear of the rear axle. This has the code for all the info on what is inside (ie gear, posi)
                      Wouldn't his rear drums only be 10", because I thought only PI models got the 11" rear brakes?

Oh, and welcome to GMN mang, the back vinyl on the black body looks awesome.
                      88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
                      Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

Originally posted by 88Vic
                        Wouldn't his rear drums only be 10", because I thought only PI models got the 11" rear brakes?
                        Yeah, he'd have 10in drums. Unless he has a Class III towing package, but then he would have had dual exhaust.
                        1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
                        1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
                        Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
                        Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Yeah, you're right, I forgot about the 10" stuff since I've never had it. My bad.

Comment

Nice car! I see you don't have those amber turn signal lenses on the back. Did you get an exception to that, or have they not been installed yet? Seems like all the US cars I've seen that have been imported to Europe have been retrofitted with the amber turn signal.
                            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

The red turn signals are tolerated in Germany, but here in France I had to make little changes: the wiring had to be redone in order to separate the brake light from the rear position light (only one cable in the US). To have orange turn signals I disconnected the white reverse lights (one on each side) and put in orange light bulbs. I hope french officials will accept that.
                              Once I am through with the registration I will put things back as they were (french Police doesn t know anything about these cars).

Comment

OooooOOOOOooohhh! Black Box Vic! The Big Black Box
                                YOWZA!
                                That's a beautiful Vic!
                                I like, I like!
                                welcome to GMN Monsieur!(sorry if I spelled that wrong)
                                Last edited by Mr. Land Yacht; 03-19-2007, 12:34 PM.
                                sigpic
                                1989 Ford Crown Victoria

Comment

Working...
                                X