New fuel tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New fuel tank

Hey I haven’t been on in a while hope all is well, a question for the gurus over here. I just purchased a new gas tank tank and fuel pump w/o housing for my 87
    MGM and the hole for the fuel pump is larger than the old tank. Did they send the wrong one? Or am I missing something?
    After 10 years I am looking forward to getting this beaut back on the road! Thanks
    1989 crown Vic daily driver 165k and counting!
    1987 MGM 49xxx mi awaiting light resto

Are you allowing for the size of the gasket? Photos may help.
    What I Own: 1993 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
    What I Help Maintain: 1996 CV / 1988 CV / 1988 Tempo

Comment

I’ll post some in the morning,

Comment

The original tank should have 2 holes. One for the level sender and one for the pump which is the side against the trunk. If the tank you got only has one hole for a combined fuel pump and level sender assembly, that could be the issue.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
        Originally posted by gadget73
        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
        Originally posted by dmccaig
        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I just want to say thanks it had been a long day
          and that’s all I have to say about that

Comment

Being tired can lead to overlooking things. It happens.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
            Originally posted by gadget73
            ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
            Originally posted by dmccaig
            Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I can only imagine how many mistakes are being made in the current heat wave down south. Heat and exhaustion don't make for good thinking.
              03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
              02 SL500 Silver Arrow
              08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
              12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Been 90 plus EVERY DAY for over a month and in the low to mid 80's at night. Time to AC the garage???
                What I Own: 1993 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
                What I Help Maintain: 1996 CV / 1988 CV / 1988 Tempo

Comment

Up here in New England, it has been cloudy/raining for over a month now.

Comment

Working...
                  X