No start?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LeviMM View Post
    Update: So it's back up and running. Here's what I've replaced. Battery, positive battery cable and starter solenoid. My thought is that it was a faulty starter solenoid. It's been the 3rd or 4th possibly 5th one I've replaced since owning the car. Is that typical for other panther owners?
    Unless you are getting shit parts - NO!
    What I Own: 1993 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
    What I Help Maintain: 1996 CV / 1988 CV / 1988 Tempo

Comment

The other thing it could be is the ignition switch module, mine got old and crusty around when the car was 25 years old. If you want a good one I think motorcraft ones are available still. Failing that, I did actually have a totally dead starter this past year, it was a 2016 Carquest "new" unit and it failed. They don't make them like they used to, but I got a free replacement at least.
      1989 Lincoln Town Car - "Anabelle" - Original block, .030 over with SpeedPro pistons, rods fitted with ARP hardware, FRPP +volume oil pump, GT-40 3bar heads, Crane 1.72 rockers, 89' Fox cam, 93' Cobra lower intake, Explorer upper and 65mm TB, 93' Lightning EGR spacer, K&N intake kit from a 4.0L Ranger, 19lb/hr injectors w/ 87 Mark VII ECM, cat/smog deletes, Big Brake conversion, 3.55 K-Code Trac-Lok/Disc brake rear axle, CVPI LCA's w/1" sway bar in rear, wagon front sway bar, BBK 2.5" off-road H-Pipe, Flowmaster super 40s, HPP wheels, 3G alternator w/LMR.com wiring kit, gear reduction starter conversion, Best 1/4 time: 16.0 @ 85mph.

Comment

Working...
      X