No announcement yet.

Stereo instal - questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I got my car it had no radio installed. I found the orig in the trunk, ran it for 3 days till the weekend when I bought a new one. Every vehicle I've ever owned has gotten a cd or mp3 player within about a week after purchase. I can't stand not having tunes.

How did you route the speaker wires into the doors, through the grommets into the door panels themselves, or did you just tap into the wires on the back of the dash speakers?
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I went with new wire through the grommets. Used a neat little tool that my neighbor showed me. It was like a metal snake . . . . thing. I forgot the name of it. I ran the rear speaker wire down the drivers' side channel under the edge of the carpet and up along the rear seat into the trunk.

The only problem I have is that the drivers' door speaker rattles a bit. I put some cushion-type stuff on the lip of the speaker, but it didn't help much. I think it is something else in the door that is rattling. It's not too noticeable with the car running 'cause the dual exhaust covers up the sound.

-------------------------
      Justin

Comment

Working...
      X