Best spark plug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by grandpaslincoln
    2 or 4 pronged plugs are about as useless and unnecessary as two plugs per cylinder.

Electricity is funny, it takes the path of least resistance. So yes, naturally it is going to pick a prong that offers the least resistance. If the prongs are both gapped exactly the same, the spark is going to randomly jump to either of them. I don't think it would jump to both of them at the same time, would it? Anyway, single prong plugs are just as effective as 2 or 4, they don't dent your wallet as much as the fancy ass +2 and +4 plugs.

And I use Bosch gapped at .50, they are the bees knees!
    Well I only got them cause you don't have to gap the fuckers. I know Bosch gets off to saying that they "add performance" but we all know it only take one little spark.
    2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

I used Bosch Supers in my VW, but they were original equipment. The platinums never ran worth a shit, but the copper ones were great. I have Bosch plats in my truck, and they're ok but it has an annoying sparknock problem that the ACs didn't really have.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Motorcraft double platinums :slug:
        Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

Originally posted by grand_marquis_gt
          Autolite = motorcraft.
          stick to your guns, bro...
          Autolite and Motorcraft are seperate entities and they are not the same plugs.

Comment

now you are gonna kill this thread!

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
            1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
            1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
            2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
            2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Originally posted by marquisman
              now you are gonna kill this thread!
              Sorry man......I didn't know that actual technically correct information wasn't allowed into the thread..............

Originally posted by NATEHAWK
              :cuss: autolite fuck em... I think i will stay with motorcraft :banana:
              But this is?
              Explain yourself dude.

Comment

tell me why the part numbers match up?
                its like nappa filters and wix filters=same shit

Comment

Champion ALL THE FUCKING WAY!!!!!!!
                  AC Delco if you cant find the Champ.
                  2008 Mercury Grand Marquis GS Bone Stock

The modern definition of "racist" is "someone who is arguing with a Liberal".--updated Peter Brimelow quote.

Comment

Originally posted by marquisman
                    tell me why the part numbers match up?
                    its like nappa filters and wix filters=same shit
                    They don't........they're not.......

Autolite 25 Ford plug is a Motorcraft 850 plug.

Comment

then fuck me! im not gonna argue, i no shit all any way...who am i kidding?

Comment

I am not one of those die hard fuckin oem guys but I will say motorcrafts are damn nice plugs. I have had nothing but trouble with bosch.
                        Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

I just replaced the set of Bosch Platinum +4's I had for some reason decided to put in my car with plain old Motorcraft Coppers (SP-409/AWSF44C) and the car feels tons better. The hesitation & stumble that still was there after a tune-ups, fuel/air filters, fuel injector treatments, a new EGR, EGR sensor, EVR, IAC, exhaust, and replaced vac lines seems to finally have stopped. Now, Bosch makes tons of great things, but I swear my car hates those plugs. I'm thinking and hoping my fuel economy should definitely pick up some. The Bosch plugs we were mainly gray/white, but with cylinders #4 & #8, they were a little gummy black so I'll keep an eye on those. Does anyone have a favorite Motorcraft plug (copper, platinum, finewire)?
                          sigpic
                          1986 Grand Marquis LS 2 Door
                          Ext: Medium Shadow Blue Metallic, Int: Midnight Blue, 3.08 open, 235/70/15 Goodyear Aquatread III, Rebuilt AOD w/ Transgo Shift Kit, 3G upgrade from 95 5.0 Mustang, Walker Dual Exhaust w/ H pipe, Viper 5900ST alarm, De-smogged, Rear Civ. Sway Bar, and more.

Comment

Originally posted by zwack88 View Post
                            I just put Bosch Platnum 2's in a couple of weeks ago in my vic. I put them all in then everyone in here said take them back but it was to late. I haven't had any problems with them they are working just great in my car.
                            I had those in my car for a couple years.. when i pulled em out to replace they still looked perfectly acceptable.

first set of plugs i've pulled and had every burn look identical
                            Last edited by cld783; 04-09-2008, 03:40 AM.
                            Give a man a fish and he will be fed for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will promptly forget that he once did not know, and proceed to call anyone who asks, a n00b and flame them on the boards for being stupid.

Comment

Told you.

Those multiple electrode plugs are a fuckin' wash.
                              1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                              Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

i hate how we cant edit old posts...

I actually meant autolite double platinums in my previous post.. I could of swore they were bosch double platinum but i know they didnt have two electrodes..
                                Give a man a fish and he will be fed for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will promptly forget that he once did not know, and proceed to call anyone who asks, a n00b and flame them on the boards for being stupid.

Comment

Working...
                                X