More annoying issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More annoying issues

I swear this fsking car is cursed. Went down to hang the exhaust and fix the fuel leak issue and found some other problems. It seems that Ford transmission cooler lines use some plastic thingy inside for a seal that has a bad habit of melting when the underside of the car catches fire. I now have a bigass leak from the side of my transmission because the lines no longer seal. I also found that I screwed up placing the O2 sensor on the passenger side, so it is now jammed against the frame, causing the downpipe to sit just enough out of whack that it leaks on the header. And for the final thing. I took the lever off my TC throttle body to swap it to the 60 mm one. I drilled the HO shaft to re-attach the lever, and the tap broke off in the thing. I'll figure out what I'm going to do with that later. In the meantime, I drilled and tapped the TC body and put it back on.

So, for the question part. How the hell do I fix the fitting leak? Can I just cut the old one off and install a normal compression fitting and couple it to the orig lines or is that stock fitting removable somehow?
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

it'd prob be easier to run new cooler lines. iirc, just use brake line
    Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

i think its 5/16'' tranny line!

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
      1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
      1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
      2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
      2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

How much pressure are those lines under?
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

in the help section of the auto parts stores you can buy new transmission coller line quick connects......you need a special tool to release the coupling, unscrew it from the trans, screw a new one one and clip the line in place......there are 4 of these fittings, i usually do them all......2 at the trans and two at the radiator.....they are around 5 bucks ea
          scott

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
          2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
          1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
          1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
          2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
          1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Yeah, I found that out today and replaced them.

Comment

Working...
            X