Lincon Town car heater core?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lincon Town car heater core?

how long roughly will it take to put a heater core in a 1988 lincon town car? because i am putting one in for a friend.

It's rated at 7-8 hours for a professional mechanic. Enjoy.

Comment

Hi CheesesteakJim

Nah it won't take nowhere near 8 hours, 4 hours maximum.

Regards

Dereck
      President and founder of The Turbine Wheel Appreciation Society and Little Debbie Cake Connoissuer

Also "The Pondside Pain In Your Posterior"

Comment

well that should be fun then -.-

Comment

Originally posted by Dereck View Post
          Hi CheesesteakJim

Nah it won't take nowhere near 8 hours, 4 hours maximum.

Regards

Dereck
          I've never done it, but when mine blew the manual said 7-8 hours. That's what made me decide to let a mechanic do it in a garage rather than myself do it outside in December. I don't doubt it can be done sooner if you've had the dash apart before, but for a first timer I wouldn't be surprised if it took them 7-8 hours.

Comment

Hi CheesesteakJim

Don't believe everything you read in books

Regards

Dereck
            President and founder of The Turbine Wheel Appreciation Society and Little Debbie Cake Connoissuer

Also "The Pondside Pain In Your Posterior"

Comment

2.5 hours for me.... But it's easily an 8 hour job if you've never done it before....
              Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

they can be a pain. I did mine in probably 4-5 hours, but I'd seen MrLTD do one before so I had an idea what to do. Tip, see if your friend will stick around to help you put the dash back up into position. I did mine by myself, and its a pain trying to pick up on the dash with your back while positioning the heater core box, then shoving the dash in place with your knees while you start the screws to hold it in place.
                86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

It can be done in a few hours, but they are some of the shittiest hours of your life. Of course driving my vic with no heat in the mid teens to low 20s sucks also.
                  Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

Just don't do it my way.

Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
                    Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X