94-95 throttle body

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

94-95 throttle body

well i bought a throttle body and didnt pay attention and got a 94-95 302 throttle body instead of a 93 or older one. so my basic question is can i still use it and what modifications you think ill need to do?

I did the same thing i heard you can use it but it takes way to many modifications than its worth.
    Give a man a fish and he will be fed for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will promptly forget that he once did not know, and proceed to call anyone who asks, a n00b and flame them on the boards for being stupid.

Comment

i don't believe so. The bolt pattern isn't the same. You might be able to get an adapter plate made up but its probably not worth the trouble.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Did you buy it new? if you got it new could you simply return it? Or exchange it for one that fits an older model? Or you may have to sell it.
        YouTube. FaceBook Crown Vic Group

Comment

well thats gay. i bought it off ebay so im pretty much stuck with it unless i sell it

Comment

It's back to ebay, then.

If you are running a stock crown vic motor and intake manifold, that TB would not have worked, anyway, even had it been for a 93-down. The upper intake manifold has to be swapped with a mustang HO upper to allow a bigger TB.

Comment

well i got lucky and the company will take back the 94-95 one and swap it for a 93 and older throttle body. guess i got lucky

Comment

Originally posted by Pirate View Post
                It's back to ebay, then.

If you are running a stock crown vic motor and intake manifold, that TB would not have worked, anyway, even had it been for a 93-down. The upper intake manifold has to be swapped with a mustang HO upper to allow a bigger TB.

Early mustangs ran the 60mm TB on the LOPO upper with a 60mm EGR spacer. A bored EGR spacer from a lopo is all thats needed maybe not the most power but is an improvement in power and economy.
                Scars are tatoos of the fearless

Comment

Working...
                X