Question....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question....

This is probably a couple of dumb sounding questions...

Thinking about dropping a 351 Windsor in my 91, if I don't find someone to buy it....

1. Anyone know the diameter of the VV carb that was used on the 351 Box Crown Vic? (And is the top of the carb round?... I haven't seen one in quite a while, and can't for the life of me remember) If I have to, I can make something to adapt it to a regular carb...

2. Trying to see if the aircleaner from a 91 351 will work on a Edlebrock 4 barrel carb.

3. Will the aluminum four barrel intake from the Mustang fit the 351 Windsor? Want to make sure there is no head / block deck differences.. Since I already have one... If not I will have to buy one...

4. Anyone know if the stock EFI will work or can be modifed to work on the 351? With maybe a larger intake opening? I think they made an EFI system for the 351's in the trucks, but the plenum is so tall, if it is like my buddies on his truck... it would never work on the Crown Vic.

I just want it to look stock as possible.... (Hence the 91 351 type aircleaner!) I thought if I could get the EFI to work, i would get a new plate made for the top... something like 5.7 insted of the 5.0.

I figure this would be the easiest way to up grade the perfomance on my box...
    I am thinking about getting an engine from Advance Auto, my old Manager says he will give me a good discount on it... They have a new engine supplier that is supposed to be alot better than the old one.... And has a longer warranty than the old company...

Going to check tonight and see what it will run for the engine...

Tom...

Agent Caitlin Todd… You know Tony, Statistics show that married men live longer…
    Agent Tony DiNozzo… It only seems longer….

http://www.tomspolicecars.com/

Originally posted by trwp72 View Post
    1. Anyone know the diameter of the VV carb that was used on the 351 Box Crown Vic? (And is the top of the carb round?...
    2. Trying to see if the aircleaner from a 91 351 will work on a Edlebrock 4 barrel carb.

3. Will the aluminum four barrel intake from the Mustang fit the 351 Windsor? Want to make sure there is no head / block deck differences.. Since I already have one... If not I will have to buy one...

4. Anyone know if the stock EFI will work or can be modifed to work on the 351? With maybe a larger intake opening? I think they made an EFI system for the 351's in the trucks, but the plenum is so tall, if it is like my buddies on his truck... it would never work on the Crown Vic.

I just want it to look stock as possible.... (Hence the 91 351 type aircleaner!) I thought if I could get the EFI to work, i would get a new plate made for the top... something like 5.7 insted of the 5.0.
    The 302 intake will not work, but you could always use the truck 4V intake and air cleaner which has a 351HO label on it. The VV air cleaner should go down on an Edelbrock or Holley carb if you want. You may have to bend a tab out of the way, but I believe it will fit.
    You can use a Lightning/CobraR/Boat lower intake and an Explorer or Cobra upper to use factory EFI.
    I may have a factory 4V 351W intake to bring to SF 08.

Comment

Working...
    X