heater hoses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

heater hoses

ok, yesterday the heater hose between the pipe under the intake and the water pump sprung a leak. today i replaced that hose and bypassed the heater core by installing a 90 degree elbow between the 2 hoses. the hose between the pipe and the heater core was replaced also because i had to cut it off, typical 20 year old hose. i test drove it and got a mile away and the long hose to the heater core was leaking, i had assumed it was ok because it was only a year old. i got the bright idea to do away with all that crap and put the elbow between the new hose to the water pump and a short section of hose that i put on the fitting on the intake manifold that the long hose came off of. now coolant is pouring out the pipe at the back of the intake which i thought was out of the picture now that i have nothing hooked to the front of it. what do i need to do to this pipe now to stop it from leaking without screwinjg up something else? i'd hate to waste another gallon of antifreese and water wetter.
    '88 Colony Park, white with wood grain contact paper, K code axle, hose pliers on heater hoses, factory duals, big plans in the future...

'83 Toyota 4x4, 31x10.50 15, could use a new carb, custom humidifying holes in the roof, mud based paint...

The return line for the egr cooler connects to that pipe, thats where the coolant is coming from. You really should plumb that metal pipe back in if you don't have any specific reason for having it not there. You can disconnect the egr cooler if you really want to, doesn't much matter. Its the two small hoses hooked to the back side of the throttle body, looks like 1/4" fuel hose.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

thanks gadget, i'll have to find something with a tee on it because the pipe is corroded pretty thin. i just had the upper intake off 2 weeks ago to change the valve covers, i guess i should have payed attention. i know the hoses you're talking about. i broke one of them off and thought to myself " why is there water in a vacuum hose?" now i see...
      Attached Files
      '88 Colony Park, white with wood grain contact paper, K code axle, hose pliers on heater hoses, factory duals, big plans in the future...

'83 Toyota 4x4, 31x10.50 15, could use a new carb, custom humidifying holes in the roof, mud based paint...

Comment

Working...
      X