No announcement yet.

351W Redline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I toned down the shifts in the POS. After stress cracks in the A, B, and C pillars, a nearly torn-free rear UCA crossmember, loose two-year old u-joints, and a blown rear end, I'd had enough. It was too late, however, as the trans quickly grenaded itself. With the new trans the car shifts quick and smooth, perfect for a daily driven vehicle and hustling without drawing attention. Losing traction going into second and then chirping third was old after a few weekends. Remember this: Unless you're breaking traction to get a bogged down motor into it's powerband, the car will be slower whenever you're spinning/chirping tires.

Comment

Originally posted by torquelover View Post
      I toned down the shifts in the POS. After stress cracks in the A, B, and C pillars, a nearly torn-free rear UCA crossmember, loose two-year old u-joints, and a blown rear end, I'd had enough. It was too late, however, as the trans quickly grenaded itself. With the new trans the car shifts quick and smooth, perfect for a daily driven vehicle and hustling without drawing attention. Losing traction going into second and then chirping third was old after a few weekends. Remember this: Unless you're breaking traction to get a bogged down motor into it's powerband, the car will be slower whenever you're spinning/chirping tires.
      :stupid: haha I concur. Say I have a question for you, how does it feel to be driving the Men in Black car haha.
      -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

Originally posted by Brown_Muscle View Post
        :stupid: haha I concur. Say I have a question for you, how does it feel to be driving the Men in Black car haha.
        It used to be a lot of fun. I was asked to see the red button a lot. Like everywhere I went for a few years. Most people just seemed confused to see an Asian guy driving the thing, LOL. When I had the 15" steelies with dog dishes, pre 10% tint it was pretty weird. Aside from some chrome the car was a dead ringer for the MIB 1987 POS, and not many people were used to seeing an '87 Vic in good condition with a fresh 3M hand glaze. I went to see MIB in the theater and since my wheelchair stricken buddie was in tow, we parked up front. We were late leaving the theater and came out to a huge mob around the car, LOL. They gave a few cheers after startup and a few revs after the car warmed up on the way out. They all wanted a burnout but there were cops everywhere for some reason, so I decided against it. The trac-lock was dead anyway, so I didn't want to risk doing a non-posi burnout.

Come to think of it, the car's most popular nickname, the "POS" came from that movie. Thank you, Will Smith. You need to paint yours black and come out to Chicago and cruise with Epi and I. It was a lot of fun last summer.

Comment

hahaha, I always wanted the men in black car when i was younger. That's great that people commented on yours like that hahahaha. Too bad its so far away otherwise I'd come out and cruise, I'm so torn between trying to keep it original and making it better, aka BLACK with performance parts haha.
          -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

Originally posted by Brown_Muscle View Post
            hahaha, I always wanted the men in black car when i was younger. That's great that people commented on yours like that hahahaha. Too bad its so far away otherwise I'd come out and cruise, I'm so torn between trying to keep it original and making it better, aka BLACK with performance parts haha.
            Just get another one :smirk:.

Comment

Working...
            X