typhoon intake manifold on a lopo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

typhoon intake manifold on a lopo

i got one of those performance specialties typhoon intake manifolds and a 70mm throttle body and intake manifold and i was wondering if that would be too much for a lopo that has stock heads and cam but with hooker headers and a 2.5" catback setup?

if i put this on itll save me the money of buying a stock H.O manifold and throttle body that will only be used till i build my other motor.

yes, way too much intake for a lopo. Its probably a bit much for a stock HO engine. 70mm throttle body is also kind of overkill unless you have a decently stout engine. The HO upper is about as much intake as you want with the stock cam and heads.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

thats what i thought. the typhoon will going with GT40 heads and a ford E303 cam, hooker headers and 2.5" catback and maybe nitrous

Comment

i hope you didnt buy the e cam yet.......there are better cams out there.....you do know that anything other than the ho cam or the explorer cam are going to need maf and a tune? the trick flow stage 1 cam is a good choice and affordable http://store.summitracing.com/partde...0&autoview=sku

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
        2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
        1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
        1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
        2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
        1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

i did get it casue it was 50 bucks and i do understand id have to switch to mass air to use it unless i want to go carbed. i didnt know i needed to tune just to use it though?

Comment

you either need one of those calibrated MAF to use larger injectors, or ideally a tune on the ecm. The calibrated maf works but its not ideal. Tuning the ecm and using a large stock MAF will probably give better results.
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Sell the typhoon. Chinese garbage, mismatched ports, yuck.

Comment

aint nothing wrong with using a Typhoon intake if motor mods are gonna get done. Typhoon is same damn thing as a trick flow basically, just more affordable.
                Addicted to 86-87 Panthers

Comment

Originally posted by 87_crown_vic View Post
                  aint nothing wrong with using a Typhoon intake if motor mods are gonna get done. Typhoon is same damn thing as a trick flow basically, just more affordable.
                  Having actually personally inspected and compared several Typhoon intakes, to trick flow, edelbrock, and BBK offerings....the typhoon is clearly nowhere near the league of quality and workmanship that one can get out of the three USA brands. What do I always find wrong with the Typhoons?

1. Gross port mismatches. If you can't get equal airflow to each cylinder, this will cause either rich/lean conditions.

2. Shitty machining. I swear, it looks like a drunken blindfolded Chinese 3-year-old, violently shaking from a Meth withdrawal, did the machining for every one of the Typhoon intakes that rolled through my store.

3. Overall product quality. Oh, I just love the absolutely crappy grade of aluminum they used for these intakes, maybe someone should mention to them to filter the impurities out of the aluminum before pouring it into the cast.

good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Pirate View Post
                    Having actually personally inspected and compared several Typhoon intakes, to trick flow, edelbrock, and BBK offerings....the typhoon is clearly nowhere near the league of quality and workmanship that one can get out of the three USA brands. What do I always find wrong with the Typhoons?

1. Gross port mismatches. If you can't get equal airflow to each cylinder, this will cause either rich/lean conditions.

2. Shitty machining. I swear, it looks like a drunken blindfolded Chinese 3-year-old, violently shaking from a Meth withdrawal, did the machining for every one of the Typhoon intakes that rolled through my store.

3. Overall product quality. Oh, I just love the absolutely crappy grade of aluminum they used for these intakes, maybe someone should mention to them to filter the impurities out of the aluminum before pouring it into the cast.

good luck.
                    +1
                    Professional Products = Crap
                    R.I.P Linsey Nelson

'04 M75-"Chocolate Rain" - mid 13 beast
                    Originally posted by MeanVic84
                    Chocolate Rain. Some stay dry and others feel the pain.

Comment

and the Typhoon is not a knockoff Trickflow intake, its a knockoff Edelbrock piece.

Comment

well i want to sell it now anyways cause im going carbed so if anyone wants it they can buy it with the throttle body and egr spacer. my GF bought me an edlebrock airgap manifold for valentines day.

Comment

the one o have on toms vic looked decent.....it was a used piece and cleaned up a little with a grinder

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                          2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                          1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                          1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                          2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                          1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Professional Products intakes are made "offshore" in a dirt floor foundery. If you want a good intake for the price Weiand is the way to go, Weiand/Holley is usually cheaper than Edelbrock.
                            R.I.P Linsey Nelson

'04 M75-"Chocolate Rain" - mid 13 beast
                            Originally posted by MeanVic84
                            Chocolate Rain. Some stay dry and others feel the pain.

Comment

the Typhoon intake i have looks pretty good also. i got it used from a guy who had a mustang and had it bored from what he told me. his friend wrecked the car and he was selling off parts on ebay. good thing for me he only lived 50 miles from me and i saved on the shipping.
                              Addicted to 86-87 Panthers

Comment

Working...
                              X