where to put seafoam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

where to put seafoam

hi everybody im new to the site.i know that this is probably a really stupid question but which hose do you put the seafoam in by the brake booster? I dont want to put it in the wrong one. pictures would really help me if you guys could
    sigpic-The Crown(Kodiak)1989,150K Miles,5.0LOpo,autolamps,slicktop,power windows and locks,yet still not good enough to be LX:confused:

sorry i was in a rush, forgot to give the details. it's an 89 CV lopo
    sigpic-The Crown(Kodiak)1989,150K Miles,5.0LOpo,autolamps,slicktop,power windows and locks,yet still not good enough to be LX:confused:

Comment

there is a vacuum hose on the front of the intake that goes to the charcoal canister purge valve.....good spot to suck the seafoam in.....nice and slow with it shut the engine off right away and wait about 20 min and then start it up and watch the smoke
      oh and welcome to gmn!

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
      2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
      1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
      1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
      2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
      1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

I do it through the pcv valve hose

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
        302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
        k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

ok i put it thru the booster and the tank.made a nice smokeshow.thanks for the help guys

Comment

I was lazy and put mine in the gas tank, no smoke show. I'll put it through a vacuum hose later when i'm not feeling so lazy.
            88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
            Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

i still would rather pull off the upper intake and clean it all out with carb ceaner and a small wire brush. the time it takes to put it all together with the carb cleaner sitting inside the engine it will clean it good. i wire brush he stuff than hit with carb cleaner to soak in than brush it again and rinse with another blast of carb cleaner. here is a link to the crap of how i cleaned it by hand....
              Post pics of your car in here, works in progress, etc... Ford/Lincoln/Mercury vehicles only.

you will have to go to response 13 to see the lower intake how i cleaned it out. fuel injection cleanings at shops dont do much inside of an engine doesnt do much good for cleaning the stuff out too good. jelybean's car (AF) had an injection cleaning with stuff thru a vacuum line and in the tank. i ended up cleaning it by hand since it was full of carbon also and the EGR port in the spacer was blocked completely.
              Addicted to 86-87 Panthers

Comment

Don't forget to change your oil and filter after the Seafoam treatment, especially when running it straight into the intake. Oh, by the way:

Comment

I added it right down the carb on mine (I understand that the car in question is FI). But, I didn't see much smoke at all, and I followed the directions to a T. I guess there just wasn't that much buildup... which doesn't really surprise me...
                  **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                  **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                  **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                  **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

ya when i did it, it started to smoke a lot while i was pouring it.then it finally stalled and i poured the rest in and waited. it didnt smoke as much when i started it so i thout i had did something wrong lol
                    Last edited by Jonsey; 03-19-2008, 12:20 AM.

Comment

oh yea i forgot.does it matter if you didnt put it into the oil?because i just put it in the intake and tank.do you still have to get an oil change?because if ya do, il just go get another can and put a little in the oil before i change it

Comment

yea you should change your oil soon if you did it through the pcv or any vacuum source. if you put it only in your gas tank you wouldnt have to change the oil.

if you put it in the oil be careful of how much and change it out after a really short drive.. i dont trust driving around with seafoam mixed with my oil for hundreds of miles like some people.
                        Last edited by cld783; 03-19-2008, 12:40 AM.
                        Give a man a fish and he will be fed for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will promptly forget that he once did not know, and proceed to call anyone who asks, a n00b and flame them on the boards for being stupid.

Comment

ok ill change it tomorrow then. thanx a lot

Comment

Working...
                          X