X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HO Upper and TB

I just read mrltd's write up saying

"The 2 modifcations needed:
    The linkage arms on the throttle bodies need to be swapped. It's easy and straightforward. Grind, swap reattach with screw, JB weld, or actually weld it."

Does anybody know where I can get a write up with some pics for this process?

I am going to be doing this, this week and would like to have it figured out by the time I actually do it.

thanks.

If you look at the linkages, you should be able to figure out what it means....

Grind the mushroomed part off the linkage, gently pry off the linkage, swap linkages, bolt/weld/whatever to mount the linkage on the new TB...
    Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

H.O linkage on the left, lopo on the right. Have to grind both of them off and then swap the lopo onto the HO one, then tack it back in place.

Difference in the throttle bodys

Lopo linkage on HO throttle body

Lopo EGR spacer on left, HO on the right, before boring out.

Lopo on the left, HO on the right, after boring out.
      sigpicVic Videos Here http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...676#post243676
      Vic's Reader's Rides Page http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=16917
      Vic's Cardomain page http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2532949
      1975 Chevy C-10 Cardomain http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3371894

Comment

^^^^ thats what im looking for!!!!!!

thanks you are the man!!!

Comment

Why not just drill 2 new holes? 1 for the TV bushing and another for an aftermarket throttle stud?

Comment

Because it's easier to swap the whole linkage than to attempt to get the correct location for the stud and TV bushing. It's be pretty tought ot get the stuff centered, since you would be drilling into part of another hole...

Comment

What would you need to do for an '86?

Comment

Originally posted by Mercracer View Post
                Why not just drill 2 new holes? 1 for the TV bushing and another for an aftermarket throttle stud?
                We are going to try it since I can't find my 2 spare lopo tb's any where.

Junk yards around here want $75-$100 for lopo TBs.... im not paying that much!

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
                  What would you need to do for an '86?
                  You swap the lever.
                  86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                  5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                  I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Junk yards around here want $75-$100 for lopo TBs.... im not paying that much!
                    Thats fucking insane. I have like 3 of them laing around, I'd just give you one if you lived by me. Or you go to the yard, pull off the TB, hacksaw the lever off with a little of the rod still on it so you can get it in a vice, and slip it in your pocket. $100 is a bullshit price.
                    sigpicVic Videos Here http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...676#post243676
                    Vic's Reader's Rides Page http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=16917
                    Vic's Cardomain page http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2532949
                    1975 Chevy C-10 Cardomain http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3371894

Comment

oh are they trying to sell them as a "fuel injection unit" or some bullshit like that? I've seen that before, it is BS,
                      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by mrltd View Post
                        Because it's easier to swap the whole linkage than to attempt to get the correct location for the stud and TV bushing. It's be pretty tought ot get the stuff centered, since you would be drilling into part of another hole...
                        Not really.....

I just lined my mustang TB lever with the lopo TB lever, marked the locations,drilled the holes and installed a Throttle Ball from the Holley Carbs TB Kit, available from jegs.

Once the original Throttle Ball is ground off the HO TB, the TV Cable hole is the only hole that will remain in the HO TB lever. The hole for the new throttle ball is drilled to the left outer edge of the old Mustang TV cable hole, and does not even come close to connecting with the old TV cable hole. The new TV cable hole is drilled slightly to the right of were the old throttle stud was, and since the throttle stud was ground off even with the surface there was no hole left behind from it, to interfere.

I just took my time with it, and it came out right the first time. Didn't even have to adjust my TV Cable.

Comment

i still find it easier to swap teh levers

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                          2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                          1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                          1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                          2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                          1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Maybe its the air tools. Makes swapping the levers a simple matter. Probably sucks doing it by hand with a file.

Comment

my first one was done with a bench grinder, craftsman dremel, and a borrowed tap and die....

Comment

Working...
                              X