No announcement yet.

Weirdness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gonna have to get rid of that big ass fire prone plug, and the white with black stripe one is reused as the stator wire, get a large long wire to run from the battery to the alternator, and a fuse or a circuit breaker, and you supposedly have 3G power!
    One thing though, I'm not sure where the low oil light wire hooks in all this, since it's in with the alternator wiring.

Comment

cool eager to hear how it works out if you decide to go that route. and hopefully that solves your problems
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
        cool eager to hear how it works out if you decide to go that route. and hopefully that solves your problems
        Even if it doesn't, I'll feel more at ease, those stock alternators are fire hazards.I'm always wondering if it's gonna catch on fire when I have the rear defrosters, heater, and the lights on, in gear, stopped, lol, when the voltage drops to under 12.

Comment

lol you just described my car. especially when i have the system cranking.
          ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

i recommend it too myself as well, i just want some clear cut information on what vehicles have the 3G alt, so i can just grab it from a parts $tore cuz there are no yards near me. and i am skeptical about the mounting of it.
            ~David~

Comment

i recommend it too myself as well, i just want some clear cut information on what vehicles have the 3G alt, so i can just grab it from a parts $tore cuz there are no yards near me. and i am skeptical about the mounting of it.
              A 1995 Ford Taurus with the 3.0 Motor. Go for that. It should bolt in directly. Make sure the pulleys are the same though. So your belt will work with it. Next time I go to the junkyard, I am picking up an alternator, gonna see if it fits on a junk panther, and mount the belt on it. Hope it works lol.

Comment

cool.and i wanna know how the swap works out for you.
                ~David~

Comment

cool.and i wanna know how the swap works out for you.
                  Whenever I get back to the junkyard I'll pick one up, and then I'll do the wiring. Where can I get an inline circuit breaker for the charge wire, and how much do they go for?

Comment

fuk. i have no idea. somebody will know though.
                    ~David~

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
                      Whenever I get back to the junkyard I'll pick one up, and then I'll do the wiring. Where can I get an inline circuit breaker for the charge wire, and how much do they go for?
                      I just used the "Mega Fuse" that's run with the 3.0 taurus charging circuit. It's a 175 amp fuse and it looks like this

This is the fuse that protects the charging circuit on the taurus that you're getting the alternator from.
                      There is nothing more permanent than a temporary fix.
                      91 Mercury CP, Lopo 302, AOD, 3.08LSD. 3g upgrade, Moog wagon coils up front, cc819s in the back. KYB GR-2 police shocks. Energy suspension control arm bushings. Smog deleted.
                      93 F-150 XLT, 302, ZF 5-spd from 1-ton, 4wd.
                      Daily--07 Civic Coupe. Bone stock with 25k miles
                      Wife--14 Subaru Outback. 6-speed.
                      95 Subaru Legacy Wagon--red--STOLEN 1/6/13

Comment

Let me know if you need help doing the install mang!
                        -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

Working...
                        X