New Engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Engine

In the next few months I will be putting a new engine in the 91.... It has been "rattling" a little when I first start it up... for about 10 seconds... then is fine... I probably have close to 200,00 miles on it... so it is time... I want to get this done before it goes up to the Chicago Emergency Vehicle show this year....

I am probably going to be getting a 5.0 roller high perfomance engine from Advanced... (# year / 36000 mile warranty) I talked to my old Manager there, he is going to help me out with a discount, and also do a cash ticket thru a friends shop, so I will save even more, since the shops get wholesale prices.

Another thing we are going to do, to help me save the money for the engine, is to start putting money on a gift card... So when I get paid, i'll just go in and put 500-750 dollars on the card every other payday.... Should take about 3 months to get the money for the engine... And I won't be spending the money! (It is hard for me to save money for things like this!)

With the engine, and all of the other parts I will be replacing... water pump, gaskets, starter, etc... the total will be about $2000,00.

I have a local guy that works at the Yellow Cab company, and he has worked on the Ford LTD's for years and years.... He is going to change the engine out for me... He could probably change it out in his sleep... He said he doesn't even know how many 5.0's he has changed out for the cab company... And he will do it in about 5 hours....
    He is going to charge $500.00 to change it out...
    so total out of pocket will be about $2500.00...

Also, while he puts the intake on, the water pump, etc... He said he will let me clean up the firewall, and engine compartment, with their pressure / steam cleaner....

Tom....
    Last edited by trwp72; 11-22-2008, 03:19 PM.

Agent Caitlin Todd… You know Tony, Statistics show that married men live longer…
    Agent Tony DiNozzo… It only seems longer….

http://www.tomspolicecars.com/

If you change the filter it wont rattle. I'm running a fl400 I think. Cant remember off hand and have never had a rattle, even after changing the oil.
    1989 Grand Marquis LS
    flat black, 650 double pumper, random cam, hei, stealth intake, Police front springs, Wagon rear, Police rear bar, wagon front ,exploder wheels, 205/60-15 fronts 275/60-15 rears, 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" offroad x pipe, Eclipse front bucket seats, Custom floor shifter, 4.10 gears, aluminum driveshaft and daily driven. 16.77@83mph

Comment

It won't help... it is a bearing starting to knock... It knocks until the oil pressure comes up, i guess... and I don't use fram filters...as they collapse....

What the heck, it needs a new engine anyway!

Agent Caitlin Todd… You know Tony, Statistics show that married men live longer…

Comment

Time for all the HO goodies?
        1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
        Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Well, as much "HO" as I can do and still look stock.....

Comment

You can do the HO upper and stuff, it looks just like stock. If its an HO motor you're doing, the only other visual clue is the orange top injectors instead of the stock grey tops. Otherwise, short of really checking the plug wire routing, nobody would be able to tell it wasn't dead stock.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
            X