Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

blue hoses police kits for my car

Hey guys,

I still looking for police kits blue hoses for my Grand Marquis.

here example:

you can see the police blue hoses kits on this car.

where I can find it? I know there have blue hoses for mustangs as well.

thanks,

Jason
    1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - Current - June 2016 POTM Winner
    1996 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - SOLD
    1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - SOLD
    1987 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 2dr - Long gone

do the goodyear mustang kits from summit work? they are blue.

Comment

They are called Goodyear Super Hi-Miler hoses. I can't find a source for new ones for Panther applications.

You could go used if you could find them, but those hoses would be around 20 years old and really no better than a high-quality replacement made of more typical materials.
      1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
      1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
      Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
      Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

THey came on police cars, and by now many have been replaced. I wouldn't personally install a set of hoses that are at least 17 years old.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I believed that blue hoses came from ford racing.
          1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - Current - June 2016 POTM Winner
          1996 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - SOLD
          1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - SOLD
          1987 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 2dr - Long gone

Comment

The Ford Racing Mustang kit came from the police package Mustangs. Since there wasn't much demand for those on the Granny Marquis, production probably ended for them around 1991.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

They do not make new ones for crownvics/grand marquis anymore. I contacted goodyear about reproducing them. I did not get a response.

Ford racing sold the hi-miler hoses from the SSP mustangs as motorsport parts.
              Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Does anyone make quality hoses for boxes? I tried to order Motorcraft from a dealer and a lot of them seemed to be discountinued. I'd rather spend the good money to get Goodyear, etc instead of the no name stuff at the parts store.
                2009 Ford Escape Manual (Hers)
                2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Lifted (His)
                1987 Mercury Grand Marquis (Was Grandpa's)
                1974 IH 100 4x4 (In Pieces)

Comment

Goodyear stuff is fine for our cars. I know someone mentioned awhile back that many of the police cars came with the silicone HD/extended mileage hoses, and they were simply tossed out and replaced with the standard rubber during the reg maintinence schedules whether they were bad or not. They haven't been produced in years and anything you'd find now would be old.
                  sigpic
                  1986 Grand Marquis LS 2 Door
                  Ext: Medium Shadow Blue Metallic, Int: Midnight Blue, 3.08 open, 235/70/15 Goodyear Aquatread III, Rebuilt AOD w/ Transgo Shift Kit, 3G upgrade from 95 5.0 Mustang, Walker Dual Exhaust w/ H pipe, Viper 5900ST alarm, De-smogged, Rear Civ. Sway Bar, and more.

Comment

Working...
                  X