NEW BOLT-ON 130-AMP ALTERNATOR KIT.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hav24wheel View Post
    I called the local napa here, (BIS, ND) and i had to give them th epart # and he told me $204. I really don't think its all that good of a deal, not when you can get a 160 amp unit and wiring from Ryan at http://rjminjectiontech.com/ for less...
    Originally posted by Pirate View Post

For further details, email me at racingmoose@msn.com.
    There's more than one reason why I said to email me....price was one of them. Some of the regulars here on GMN also have business accounts with NAPA stores....

Concerning the alternators NAPA has available; they already come with the new harness wires (you have to buy those from this guy separately, AND pay shipping costs on the unit), and they have a warranty covered by every NAPA in existence. If it goes bad, provided you keep your receipt, you get a replacement immediately in some cases....with this other guy?

Concerning the cheap prices of the 160-amp 3G's being offered? I know what the units I mentioned cost, bulk rate; I'm a little curious as to how much money this guy is making from his alternator sales, as NAPA buys these units in bulk, and still pays a hefty price tag.

Something smells a bit fishy.

Don't get me wrong, I like what the guy is offering, I am very interested in the AODE harness as a possibility for the heap project I have. I'm just not convinced that the Alternator from him is a great idea, especially if something breaks.

Comment

Wrong mounts?
      For boxes...

Comment

the reason i mentioned Ryan is that everybody over on fullsizebronco.com have nothing but good things to say about him.... plus some people are looking for the most output in a alt. they can get. so that 160 amp unit might be the way to go, $125 is what he is charging i think, but yes without the harness. I thought Ryan's deal was good being just a stock replacement alt. in a 130 amp 3G is around $160 from some local parts stores...
        Last edited by hav24wheel; 04-30-2009, 08:46 PM.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GM_Guy View Post
          For boxes...
          Right. That's why I was speaking of those two part #'s in reference to my T-bird. So far as the original post went, I might have skipped the mention of what the 66226HDN was for, but since I was posting it in a Box forum....

the reason i mentioned Ryan is that everybody over on fullsizebronco.com have nothing but good things to say about him.... plus some people are looking for the most output in a alt. they can get. so that 160 amp unit might be the way to go, $125 is what he is charging i think, but yes without the harness. I thought Ryan's deal was good being just a stock replacement alt. in a 130 amp 3G is around $160 from some local parts stores...
          If it's not Chinese junk, that's not a bad deal. The part-return issue, if it comes up, will be a problem if a defective 'Ryan's unit' is installed on an 'only-vehicle', and you need to get back on the road quickly.

Comment

true, but in this part of the country, the napa unit you are talking about isn't a same day thing, the local Napa store never even heard about these alts. i had to give them the part #s and i printed off the web page for them that you originally posted. they told me the Napas in the south western states stock them, and they would have to order me one.
            sigpic

Comment

true, but in this part of the country, the napa unit you are talking about isn't a same day thing, the local Napa store never even heard about these alts. i had to give them the part #s and i printed off the web page for them that you originally posted. they told me the Napas in the south western states stock them, and they would have to order me one.
              Well, give them a swift kick in the ass. Not every NAPA is as good as the one that I work at, nor do they have me for a counterperson (which might not be a bad thing, lol).

Comment

Verified! the 66214HDN has the same case as the T-bird unit! Rejoice!

Comment

Working...
                X