test connector

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

test connector

how many wires are in the test port one wire i think is missing i only have 3 and how should they positioned in the test port

three is all you need..

Give a man a fish and he will be fed for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will promptly forget that he once did not know, and proceed to call anyone who asks, a n00b and flame them on the boards for being stupid.

Comment

well my test connector dosent work any advice on what could be wrong

Comment

What color wires are in there?

Also, did you plug in the small single wire connector? Thats needed to do a code scan.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

heres the test connector
          Attached Files

Comment

thats the right connector. Looks like the wiring is falling out of it tho. The one with two wires thats falling out of the plug is the fuel pump test circuit. Ground that to force the fuel pump to run steady. Others look right compared to my 86's wiring, but you should also have a single wire small connector. Need that 1 wire jobbie to pull codes.
            Last edited by gadget73; 08-26-2009, 08:34 PM.
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

the wire with the black cover is just pushed in to hold it what would cause it to not work i got the actron scanner and it says not detecting test port
              Attached Files

Comment

Do you have a single wire with a connector on it? There should be the large plug with several wires, and one small plug with a single wire that plugs into the matching single wire connection on the scanner. Need both of those plugs or it won't work.

Comment

i have all wires what i need to know is which wires are which cause i took it apart and dont know the placement of is the black wire for self test or is it for
                  signal return and what dose the single brown with red stripe
                  Attached Files

Comment

tan/light green - fuel pump
                    black/white - sig return
                    tan/red - STO
                    white/black - STI (the single wire connector)

Comment

thanks

Comment

got all wires hooked up right and still not working im lost now is there anything that could be wrong thanks

Comment

try this: http://fordfuelinjection.com/?p=44

Comment

Working...
                          X