Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When making a turn...and the car bogs/hesitate...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When making a turn...and the car bogs/hesitate...

I noticed yesterday when i make a turn and stay on gas it bogs and than when i straighten out it hesitates and than goes. I was thinking it was the fuel sock and/ or fuel pump being to high or sock being off (installed after market pump i believe its a 190 or 160),but the pump is mounted low and sock is on so idk... doesn't affect driving car to much but it is annoying. I was also thinking it could be the sock being smaller.
    sigpic
    1986 Crown Victoria 302 Cold Air,Mac Shorty headers, Full Dual Exhaust with Super Forty Flows, Wagon Suspension with a Full Sound System Replacement 1/4 time 17.486 @ 77.43mph

How full was the tank? How old is the fuel filter?
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

new fuel... start around a half i think
      sigpic
      1986 Crown Victoria 302 Cold Air,Mac Shorty headers, Full Dual Exhaust with Super Forty Flows, Wagon Suspension with a Full Sound System Replacement 1/4 time 17.486 @ 77.43mph

Comment

new fuel, or new fuel filter?
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

fuel, maybe i should replace the filter
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 83countrysquire View Post
            fuel, maybe i should replace the filter
            often!
            sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

I'd think the pump is too high in the tank. Leave more fuel in it or redo your pump mount
              Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

does it do it when you turn both ways or only left? If i turn left hard with low fuel it cuts out, hesitates, then refires and takes off... pump is on drivers side of the tank so it's the fuel sliding away from the pump pickup.
                1986 Ford Contry Squire: HO engine swap, 3G alternator, 3.73 gears, rear air springs, Class III 8000 lb hitch... potential tow rig for my Blazer trail toy??

Comment

i ll have to check for that i dont remember
                  sigpic

Comment

only happens bad when making a left hand turn (did it 90 degree and some at lesser angles)
                    This time it was pulling onto a high way from a street hit the gas to turn it went and than when i got 90 it stopped and than went
                    sigpic

Comment

happens with my car to only on left turns, but the fuller the tank the less the hesitation. I figured it was the where the pickup was mounted.
                      -2004 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor - Daily Driver - 17" Bullitt's, 235/55/17 Goodyear Eagles, Ex-NH State Police, best 1/4 mile time; 15.3 @ 90 mph
                      -1987 Crown Victoria 2-Door - Project - 90k miles, Summit chambered muffler, Sunpro gauges, parked since 2010, fate tbd

Comment

Working...
                      X