Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nitrous Installed!!

2011 Grand Marquis LS Ultimate Edition
    Dual Exhaust w/ AP XLerator mufflers and 3 1/2" tips, Eibach 1" rear sway bar, Pioneer Head unit and speakers, 17X8 Drag DR-72 wheels

RIP 1984 2Dr Crown Vic "The Millennium Falcon"
    Carbed 5.0 HO w/nitrous , Performer RPM intake, GT40P heads, E303 cam, FRP Shorties, FRP 9mm plug wires, Off-Road H-pipe, Magnaflow round mufflers, 2000 rpm stall
    NA-15.78@91.21, 80hp shot-14.48@96.21

Some pics of the install

Dual Exhaust w/ AP XLerator mufflers and 3 1/2" tips, Eibach 1" rear sway bar, Pioneer Head unit and speakers, 17X8 Drag DR-72 wheels

Carbed 5.0 HO w/nitrous , Performer RPM intake, GT40P heads, E303 cam, FRP Shorties, FRP 9mm plug wires, Off-Road H-pipe, Magnaflow round mufflers, 2000 rpm stall

Comment

I cant tell that it has Nitrous installed. I love the fly by videos though! ..What happened in the last run?
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

WOW thats awesome, i got a rush just watching those videos! Like the hood scoop too haha. Glad it worked! Did you get the motor running less rich?
        -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

that thing is a beast... i like lol

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
          1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
          1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
          2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
          2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
            I cant tell that it has Nitrous installed. I love the fly by videos though! ..What happened in the last run?
            Listen closely you can hear the tone of the engine change when the nitrous turns on. On the last run after I sprayed, i shut the engine off and coasted to the driveway, so we could look at the plugs to see if it was to rich or lean. It looked good.

Comment

Originally posted by Brown_Muscle View Post
              WOW thats awesome, i got a rush just watching those videos! Like the hood scoop too haha. Glad it worked! Did you get the motor running less rich?
              What happened was the nitrous line had air in it, and caused the engine to run rich, due to a lack of nitrous. After the air was out of the line it was ok!

Comment

Originally posted by Smokestacklightnin View Post
                Listen closely you can hear the tone of the engine change when the nitrous turns on. On the last run after I sprayed, i shut the engine off and coasted to the driveway, so we could look at the plugs to see if it was to rich or lean. It looked good.
                Ahh i gotchya

Originally posted by Smokestacklightnin View Post
                What happened was the nitrous line had air in it, and caused the engine to run rich, due to a lack of nitrous. After the air was out of the line it was ok!
                You need to purge! It will look awesome as well.
                ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

The hood scoop is a cobra jet style and is functional, but i find with the air filter removed the factory snorkel provides a ram-air effect, but the scoop provides more cool air to the engine

Comment

Cool! Now just imagine what it will perform like when you put a REAL motor in there :evil:
                    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Cool. Can't watch the vids though, f'n flash and Firefox on Linux do not play well together. Let us know what you do for track times if you get to take it.
                      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

May not be able to make it to the track for a while, about to be real busy at work. But I will post track footage when I do! Would love to see it get into 15's.

Comment

How about a 0-60 with and with out comparison?...
                          2000 Grand Marquis LS
                          2000 F150 XLT 6 inches of lift.
                          1987 Bill Blass Mark VII - Sold
                          1985 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park- SOLD. to a little old lady
                          Mercury Owners Group member
                          Save The Whales, Restore an Old Station Wagon!!

Comment

woooo.... NNNAAAAWWWZZZZ !!
                            2003 Town Car Signature - 3.27 RAR, Dual exhaust and J-mod - SOLD 9/2011
                            89 Crown Victoria LX HPP -- SOLD 9/2010
                            88 Grand Marquis LS - The Original -- Totaled 5/2006

I rebuild AOD/AODE/4R70W/4R75E transmissions....Check out my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/North...48414635312478

Comment

Originally posted by 85MercPark View Post
                              How about a 0-60 with and with out comparison?...
                              I agree 100 percent..I did hear a difference with the engine tone once it hit..but it was still awfully slow looking.
                              ~David~

Comment

Working...
                              X