Oil leaking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oil leaking

I think that the oil pan gasket is blown cause the car loses about every week and a half. Is there any additive that I can add in to stop it or at least to slow it down?

Ive tried using that brand STOP well i think thats whats its called

No. Oil pan gasket is usually not a major leak source. Most of the time its valve cover gaskets or the front and back of the lower intake manifold. No magic goo is gonna fix it, you need to replace the failed gasket(s).
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

My car used to mark it's territory quite visably. After a new PCV valve and screen, and new felpro permadry's it doesn't leak a drop.
      2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
      2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
      2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
      1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Is it leaving puddles of oil under it? Or only loses it when you drive? Check your gaskets, and the rear main seal. Had a bad rear main seal in a 86 TC and would have to add a quart of oil a month. Also had a Grand Am gt with a bad rear main seal also.

2011 Grand Marquis LS Ultimate Edition
        Dual Exhaust w/ AP XLerator mufflers and 3 1/2" tips, Eibach 1" rear sway bar, Pioneer Head unit and speakers, 17X8 Drag DR-72 wheels

RIP 1984 2Dr Crown Vic "The Millennium Falcon"
        Carbed 5.0 HO w/nitrous , Performer RPM intake, GT40P heads, E303 cam, FRP Shorties, FRP 9mm plug wires, Off-Road H-pipe, Magnaflow round mufflers, 2000 rpm stall
        NA-15.78@91.21, 80hp shot-14.48@96.21

Comment

rear main seals seldom go bad on the later model Ford V8 engines with the one piece seal.
          same thing for the late model, one piece oil pan gasket. unless some one has done repair work. You might crawl under there and check that all the oil pan bolts are snug... not so tight they squish the gasket material out.

as Gadget said... there is no magic additive to make it stop leaking oil.
          First thing I would do, is get a couple cans of Gunk engine cleaner and de-grease the entire under hood area. then change the PCV valve, grommett and screen.
          Last edited by 88grandmarq; 10-05-2009, 04:57 PM.
          2003 Town Car Signature - 3.27 RAR, Dual exhaust and J-mod - SOLD 9/2011
          89 Crown Victoria LX HPP -- SOLD 9/2010
          88 Grand Marquis LS - The Original -- Totaled 5/2006

I rebuild AOD/AODE/4R70W/4R75E transmissions....Check out my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/North...48414635312478

Comment

It doesn't leave huge puddles but slow drops fall down I looked at it n I'm sure it's the oil pan gasket cause it looks like the gasket is almost hanging out

Comment

replace the oilpan gasket and valve cover gaskets. order the ones for a '98 Ford explorer single-piece units and call it a day. they will never leak again
              LTD is still here

Comment

Working...
              X