Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! No Fuel Injection on Cylinder 7

Hey All,

So I've been trying to get stuff done before the snow flies. So Monday night I did valve cover gaskets, and put on the nice aluminium valve covers off a Mark VII. In the process I squished the injector wires for cylinder 7 (didn't find this out till later). Drove home with the car shaking under load (fine while coasting). Today I set out to fix the problem. I thought it might have been spark plug cables gone bad, but no, I found the wire for FI 7 unplugged and squished between the throttle bracket on the back of the intake. So I freed it, and found that the orange with green stripe wire was broken. So I got out my soldering iron and fixed it. I still have no injector firing though. I have tested continuity of the wires and they check out, as well as continuity between the wires to check for shorts and they look fine. WHen I put my voltmeter on I get just over 13V, which is not what I get on the other injectors. Namely the others fluctuate (as you would expect them to).

So I'm stuck. Is it possible that I've fried my PCM by shorting that wire while it was squished? Anyone got any other ideas?

possible you cooked an injector driver by shorting the wire. If the wiring is verified OK and not shorted to anything else, I can't really imagine what else it could be. Only solution is to swap the ECM and see what happens.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
    X