AC and SMog...who needs um.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AC and SMog...who needs um.

Just a Very curious question the only acc the secondary belt is running is Ac and my SMog pump ,which has been basically deleted scince i put my tranny in. if i get rid of the belt running those car should run fine right? not tlike the ac works anyhow,no r-13.r12 or whatever used to be in the ac system.(wasnt ther when i got the car.) so if i just cut the belt off im hoping that perhaps i can free up some useless belt spinning.
    89 townie, mild exhuast up grades, soon to have loud ass stereo....

I'm doing that right now.....So far so good.

http://grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=31638
    Last edited by andymac0035; 10-20-2009, 01:52 PM. Reason: added a link
    Former panther owner
    1981 CV 351 4bbl
    1991 CV 302 EFI

Comment

Lincolns don't run without air conditioning. Its programmed into their nature to require luxury options to work. The smog pump is useless garbage though.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
        Lincolns don't run without air conditioning. Its programmed into their nature to require luxury options to work. The smog pump is useless garbage though.
        LOL YEAH I HAVE ac Its called windows,which is fine for me.however as we go into the cold months who needs ac? lol open window if it gets too hot instant cold lol

Comment

no no no, you need the compressor. Its a Lincoln, not Farmer Bob's Crown Vic

Also, the AC has a valid function in the cold, its used to de-humidify air for better defrost performance.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
            no no no, you need the compressor. Its a Lincoln, not Farmer Bob's Crown Vic

Also, the AC has a valid function in the cold, its used to de-humidify air for better defrost performance.
            ummm im turning this into a tourqe monster/racer no need for me to have fancy stuff lol you shoudl see my dash ..its still ripped aprt form the heatercore install lol. heter works fine just warm up the car then flip the switch heat blows out im good lol.

Comment

Working...
            X