Egr valve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Egr valve

I didn't want my car to suck the fumes off the heads so I plugged up the egr valve and the outlet on the valve cover by the oil cap. After that I would drive down the road and I could see smoke flowing out in my rear view. I got out popped the hood and noticed the dip stick was pushed up and oil had been coming out and burning on the exhaust. Why is it that this would happen? I unplugged the valve cover outlet and drove around with no problem plugged it back up and it blew the dip stick out again.

sounds like the pre screen to your pcv is clogged and you gettin pressure in the crank case because it cant vent anywhere, in turn pushing out your dipstick would be the next easiest way out. Ive also seen cars push out the intake gasket at the lifter valley because of this. I could be way off here but thats what I think it is. Someone correct me if not.

'90 LX 5.0 mustang
    Big plans

Comment

I changed the pcv just recently but only after I was having trouble I'll plug it back up and see if it continues. Thanks man

Comment

The tube from valve cover to throttle body is not related to the EGR. Its part of the PCV system and it's purpose is to allow fresh air into the motor. Hook it back up.

Check the pcv parts, the screen under the valve is the real problem. Sounds like yours may be plugged up if you're getting crankcase pressure like that.

Also, the EGR doesn't hurt anything. It actually will give you a little bit of fuel economy without costing you any power.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
        X