Strange clicks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange clicks

So i've noticed a strange sound coming from my engine, it happens only when i give it a good amount of gas, whether im stopped or rolling at lets say 35-40 miles an hour, whenever i punch it and before the engine responds, i hear a quick series of clicks, i've been told it was my lifters, my water pump not circulating enough, it could be something electrical, does any1 here have an idea? and it only does it after the engine warms up by the way.
    your thoughts are appreciated.

4thPanther..03 MGM LS
    previous panthers: 87 MGM, 85 CV 2 DOOR, 89 MGM.

It sounds like to me it's the lifters... Does it do at idle or when you put the motor under strain?

Comment

sounds like spark knock. Usually caused by the timing set wrong, or the motor running lean. Clogged fuel filter will do it. Carbon buildup in the motor will also cause this.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

its really more of a quick rattle BTW
        Gadget,I had it decoked bout a year and a half ago, and the filter pump and screen are about 1 year old, might be time 2 change the spark plugs too, maybe rotor an cap.

Brandon, does not do it in idle.

Im also thinking bout changing the timing chain.

4thPanther..03 MGM LS

Comment

When was the last time the timing was checked?

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
          1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
          But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

cant remember, but is that most likely the problem? it also only does it once the car warms up

4thPanther..03 MGM LS

Comment

It's certainly a possibility until you check it. Throw a timing light on her and see what you find. Should be around 10-12 BTDC.

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
              1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
              But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

Working...
              X