Question about what parts will interchange

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about what parts will interchange

Hey guys. As most of you know that I have a 1990 TC. I had saved the radiator, Alternator, going to save starter. Now my question is, will the TC Radiator work on the box Crown Vics? When I removed it today it looked a bit different than the Vics. Will it still work? I'm going to save some stuff for a future Vic that I might by later on. Oh and I am thinking about saving the Gas tank. Will that line up as well? I'm thinking the fuel pump might not be good to save as it is making a high pitch ringing noise. I see alot of Vics siting in peoples yards and I'm sure the tanks aren't any good. I appreciate any info you give me. Thanks

I always look at the OEM replacement stuff on RockAuto and check to see what other applications it's suited for.
    sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

The front seats could be retro-fitted into a box. Regis has TC seats in his '85 CV.
      '79 Continental Town Car
      '90 Crown Victoria LTD
      '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Fuel pumps will ring. As long as it works, it doesn't matter what noise it's making.

Comment

If I was swapping fuel tanks, I would not re-use an old pump. I also wouldn't be real inclined to use an old fuel tank either. New ones aren't that much.

Radiator should be compatible, though police cars may have a 2 row brass vs the single row aluminum and plastic radiator. If thats the case, the upper rad hose will also be different. Honestly I probably wouldn't bother with a used radiator either unless you're desperate, or the rad seems to have been replaced recently. If its got crusty junk inside, its probably not worth bothering with.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
            If I was swapping fuel tanks, I would not re-use an old pump. I also wouldn't be real inclined to use an old fuel tank either. New ones aren't that much.

Radiator should be compatible, though police cars may have a 2 row brass vs the single row aluminum and plastic radiator. If thats the case, the upper rad hose will also be different. Honestly I probably wouldn't bother with a used radiator either unless you're desperate, or the rad seems to have been replaced recently. If its got crusty junk inside, its probably not worth bothering with.
            Yeah. The thing is I enjoy getting cars running again after they have been sitting in somebody's yard for some time. I see quite a few of them down here. And if it needed a gas tank due to rust I would have it here.

The radiator seems to be really clean. I think it would be fine. Another reason I am saving parts is that I would have less money in the car.

Comment

Working...
            X