noob explorer GT40 intake question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hate to bump but...

I just broke off a thermostat housing bolt. Now I could try and drill it out, but I already know it would lead to a complete disaster. Not to mention my lower intake gaskets are shot and leak like a drunk man. So would I be hurting myself throwing on my explorer intake on a lopo? I know it's overkill and a half but I have everything all needed for it. I also have 2 extra regular lower intakes too though.

With that said, what if I stabbed an explorer cam in it to? Like you said, I'd already be halfway there. Even with the shit e6's I figure it has to help. There's enough of them at the local yard. I'm just getting really bored with this lopo.
    2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
    2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
    2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
    1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

If you put the explorer cam in, you have to change the firing order and that means changing the engine computer, changing the engine computer means putting in the injectors that the engine computer expects, otherwise it'll run chronically rich or lean.
      Originally posted by gadget73
      There is nothing more permanent than a temporary fix.
      91 Mercury CP, Lopo 302, AOD, 3.08LSD. 3g upgrade, Moog wagon coils up front, cc819s in the back. KYB GR-2 police shocks. Energy suspension control arm bushings. Smog deleted.
      93 F-150 XLT, 302, ZF 5-spd from 1-ton, 4wd.
      Daily--07 Civic Coupe. Bone stock with 25k miles
      Wife--14 Subaru Outback. 6-speed.
      95 Subaru Legacy Wagon--red--STOLEN 1/6/13

Comment

Originally posted by 91waggin View Post
        If you put the explorer cam in, you have to change the firing order and that means changing the engine computer, changing the engine computer means putting in the injectors that the engine computer expects, otherwise it'll run chronically rich or lean.
        That's kind of one of the reasons I wanted to so I could put my 19lbs injectors in right away. I don't want to have to buy new o-rings twice (ya I'm that cheap).

But thinking about it, I already have a set of e7's lying around, and if I remember correctly, even stock e7 headed lopos aren't to terrible. And it wouldn't be to hard to just throw em' on since I'll already have to intake off. And I'd only be out the price of some gaskets and fluids which are already drained.
        2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
        2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
        2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
        1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

You have the HO ecm?
          1990 LTD Crown Vic w/ dead 5.0
          1984 Pontiac 6000 cammed 2.5L Iron Duke
          1986 F-150 300 6cyl 5spd.
          1994 Crown Vic... Free, bad trans?

Comment

Working...
          X