No announcement yet.

oil filters that aren't fram?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have an STP filter on the 87 and I have no issues. The Jeep has a Mopar filter.
    -2004 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor - Daily Driver - 17" Bullitt's, 235/55/17 Goodyear Eagles, Ex-NH State Police, best 1/4 mile time; 15.3 @ 90 mph
    -1987 Crown Victoria 2-Door - Project - 90k miles, Summit chambered muffler, Sunpro gauges, parked since 2010, fate tbd

Comment

Motorcraft FTW!
      2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
      2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
      2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
      1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Motorcraft all the way!
        2002 Mercury Grand Marquis GS 4.6L V8, 1988 Mercury Grand Marquis GS 5.0L V8, 1979 Lincoln Mark V 6.6L V8, 1977 Lincoln Continental 7.5L V8, 1999 Chevrolet Suburban LT 5.7L V8

Comment

The ford parts counter here has fram FL1As on the shelf.

K&N oil filters cost almost as much as a jug of oil. ($12-25 for a filter) No thanks.
          Walmart Canada only carries Fram filters.
          Canadian Tire house brand is now some China made filter.
          However, Napa does have WIX, along with the Napa silvers and golds.

Alex.

Comment

Motorcraft, PureOne, or K&N for me. Supertech filters are good too!
            1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
            Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Originally posted by GM_Guy View Post
              The ford parts counter here has fram FL1As on the shelf.

K&N oil filters cost almost as much as a jug of oil. ($12-25 for a filter) No thanks.
              Walmart Canada only carries Fram filters.
              Canadian Tire house brand is now some China made filter.
              However, Napa does have WIX, along with the Napa silvers and golds.

Alex.

Yeah, I couldn't find anything except stupid Fram at Walmart. I'm gonna check CarQuest and see what they stock.
              sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

The way I've heard it, the cause of Fram's horrible quality is Wal-Mart. Wal-Mart is one of those corporations that is so huge they can tell companies they only want to pay so much for their product. The product's company (Honeywell in this case IIRC) then cheapens the quality so they can still turn a profit.

I don't know if that's true or not, but it's the reason I avoid buying any automotive stuff from Wal-Mart. Who knows where they cheaped out.
                Last edited by CheeseSteakJim; 05-15-2010, 01:26 PM.

Comment

Some of the stuff needs to be bought at Walmart. They sell a shit-load of different brands of oils, fluids etc that you can't find anywhere else around here, but I tend to agree.
                  sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Motorcraft FL-1A for the Merc, AND my wifes Durango. The Motorcraft is a direct replacement for the Mopar 05281090 filter, and has TWICE the capacity. We take it on all our long trips, and I don't want that dinky filter on the engine.
                    MIKE

Comment

wix = 4 bucks.
                      sigpic

Comment

Wow that's cheap for a wix.
                        On the wal-mart thing......they carry motorcraft too......(or at least here they do)
                        Former panther owner
                        1981 CV 351 4bbl
                        1991 CV 302 EFI

Comment

only fram at wal mart canadiada
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSteakJim View Post
                            The way I've heard it, the cause of Fram's horrible quality is Wal-Mart. Wal-Mart is one of those corporations that is so huge they can tell companies they only want to pay so much for their product. The product's company (Honeywell in this case IIRC) then cheapens the quality so they can still turn a profit.

I don't know if that's true or not, but it's the reason I avoid buying any automotive stuff from Wal-Mart. Who knows where they cheaped out.

I was refering to this.

I've seen motorcraft stuff at wal-mart for a long time (kind of scary), so this kind of makes me wonder.....
                            Last edited by andymac0035; 05-19-2010, 09:21 PM.
                            Former panther owner
                            1981 CV 351 4bbl
                            1991 CV 302 EFI

Comment

Originally posted by 1990LTD View Post
                              only fram at wal mart canadiada
                              It seems our Wal-Mart here is getting light on anything not stamped with the Fram logo. Every time I go to the filter section the Motorcraft/SuperTech area keeps shrinking. And this Wal-Mart doesn't carry the filter for the Lincoln. Super Wal-Mart my ass.
                              Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
                              Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

motrocraft or purolator
                                Parts Car (Scrapped ) - Vicky - 1987 LTD Crown Victoria: 17x8 Gunmetal Gray Coys C-5 wheels, 235/55-17 Falken Ziex ZE-502 tires. 79 LTD Grille, Taillights, and Turn Signals, Blue LED Dash Lights, PI Rear Sway Bar, 140 MPH Speedometer, Dual Exhaust w/ Mustang Headers.
                                New Project: Vicky II - 1981 Ford LTD: 61,XXX miles, virtually rust free. Currently For Sale

Comment

Working...
                                X