[HELP] MORE TROUBLE...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

who? scott?

jim thorpe is quite a drive. not a huge 1 but i mean. will my car make that drive? or is she gonna shyt out half way threw?
    "Vikky"

1985 Crown Vic LTD!

Police Window Grates, Police Divider With Locking Window, G3 ALTERNATOR UPGRADE!

Comment

He lives near Pottsville actually, not Jim Thorpe but yes Scott is who I meant.

As for making it, no idea. If its that much of a concern, you could contact him to see if he can tow it down for you. We've done it before.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

some 1 up there in car heavan must not like me!

wellllllllllll

i replaced the 3/16 in. (4 mm.) hoses, 1/4 in. (6 mm.) hoses and 3/8 in. (10 mm.) hoses..........

RUNNING EVEN CHYTTIER THEN B4. NOW FAINT SENT FOR BURNING RUBBER, EXHAUST SMELLS LIKE HORSE CRAP, A STEADY FAINT "WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER" UNDER THE HOOD, AND A "TICK" HERE AND THERE...

NEED 2 GIVE IT GASS 2 KEEP IT GOING AT START...

WHEN ROUGH IDLEING NOW IF PUT IN REVERSE 2 GET OUT OF THE DRIVE WAY. IF I DONT GIVE IT GASS B4 IT GOSE INTO REVERSE IT DIES....

(CHANGIENG FULE FILTER TOMARROW IDK IF THIS WILL HELP)
        "Vikky"

1985 Crown Vic LTD!

Police Window Grates, Police Divider With Locking Window, G3 ALTERNATOR UPGRADE!

Comment

Easy on the caps there mang. Makes it hard to read.

Not sure where you're at exactly, but Scott and I are planning to be at a Red Robin meet in Wilkes-Barre on Sunday. If you can make it that far, maybe we can help you out.

Red Robin Benefit Cruise

2020 Wilkes Barre Marketplace

Wilkes Barre, PA 18702

start time is 4 pm. I think we're also hoping to spend some time at the junkyard in Scranton before the meet if thats closer for you.

For what its worth, the last 85 CFI car I saw that ran like this was mostly fixed with a new timing chain, and the rest of the puzzle was a new ignition pickup in the distributor. If the chain is slopped out though, a pickup won't fix it.
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

the red robbin by wal-mart?
            "Vikky"

1985 Crown Vic LTD!

Comment

OK

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...

i changed the fuel filter, and she aint running as bad. i think that was the main problem.

when i took the old one off i set it down on its side n let it drain most of the gas out while putting on the new 1.

then once i had the new one on i picked up the old one 2 let it fully drain out b4 throwing it in my trash....

the gass that came out was as black as use motor oil. sooooooooo yeah really needed a new 1 lol!

NOW

my only problem is, while driveing i hear a nice ticking its about heart beats paced untill i go above 35mph then it gets alot faster...

my thought is a mis gapped spark plug?

i gaped them 1 by 1 by what the old plug that i took out of the block was, so if it came out 6.0 i gapped the new 1 to 6.0 most of them where 6.0 or vary close 1 over at almost 7.0 n 1 under at almost 5.0. should i go back threw and jsut regap them all the same?

what a good gap for this car?
              "Vikky"

1985 Crown Vic LTD!

Comment

plugs should all be gapped the same. .50 in my car - i dont know if your car has the same heads so i dont know if .50 is right.
                sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Stock gap is probably .052 - .056 according to the emissions sticker under the hood. If its not that, set it to whatever is spelled out on the sticker. Its on the fan shroud, the one with the vacuum lines and such on it.

Comment

thanks ill do so after dinner. im grillin.

if yall can get here b4 its gone you can have some! lol

ill repost when im done and have test drove her. thanks guys
                    "Vikky"

1985 Crown Vic LTD!

Comment

There is no need to shout in your threads man. We can read them just fine.
                      Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
                      Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

dude chill... im not shouting. trying not to make my posts look bland and unnoticeable. im so sorry that i like to spice things up.
                        "Vikky"

1985 Crown Vic LTD!

Comment

yeah mang... i just read this entire thread.... take it easy an show some respect =)
                          1990 EFI Crown Vic Lx sigpic
                          1964 Lincoln Continental (not running)
                          1963 Lincoln Continental (running)
                          1995 Honda Accord(Stolen)

Comment

wooooooooooooooooooooooow.

calm down
                            "Vikky"

1985 Crown Vic LTD!

Comment

We are calm.

If it looks like I'm singling you out, it's because I am. Everyone else manages to be able to communicate fine without having everything in caps lock to "spice things up". It's unnecessary. If it does anything, it DETRACTS from your posts. No one wants to read a bunch of jumbled stuff. The no shouting thing is part of internet etiquette that's been around since the beginning.

And with that, end of discussion.
                              Last edited by grandpaslincoln; 05-29-2010, 09:20 AM.
                              Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
                              Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

well how bout this...

i really couldnt care. 1 free country, free internet, iv been nice. jsut asking questions from 1 person 2 another.

and as for caps. its cuz im pissed of with fords "engineering" cuz its pure confusion. put me in-front of a ricer and i know what im doing. (sadly)

and as for my spelling.

why don't u get off my back buddy its not my fault im autistic and have aspergers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asperger_syndrome

(in-case u dont know what that is)

why dont u lay off.

and with that

END OF CONVERSATION :overkill:

please and thank you :boxing:
                                "Vikky"

1985 Crown Vic LTD!

Comment

Working...
                                X