started ho conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

started ho conversion

started out tearing it all down then put explorer cam in then timing chain lifters,pushrods,explorer intake lower and upper i was hauling ass and then as went to prime the motor i knocked over some parts and down something went
    FFF____CCCKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    my day was over i had to leave so i wouldnt do something stupid.then after an hour i was lifting the motor up and droppng the pan i didnt want to do this so i drop the pan and found what fell a key way from the dorman balancer?and my number 1 cylinder skirt was also in the pan

somebody looking out for me
    Attached Files

Looks like someone is in the market for a new short block.
    1984 CV tudor 351W, 4bbl, 5-speed best time in the 1/8 8.39 at 80 with 1.80 60ft time.
    2006 P71, 1988 Bronco II, 1986 Baby LTD(5.0 & T5 swap in progress), 1976 16' Hobie Cat, 12' AquaFinn
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2651997 UPDATED 20100826
    sigpic

Comment

That'll buff out.

Comment

that sucks. time for another motor, or at least a new piston.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

that sucks
          what's the plan now?

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
          2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
          1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
          1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
          2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
          1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

say wha?
            Give a man a fish and he will be fed for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will promptly forget that he once did not know, and proceed to call anyone who asks, a n00b and flame them on the boards for being stupid.

Comment

I am not a motor man, so what actually happened?
              ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
              My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
              My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
              But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
              my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

skirt broke off the bottom of the piston and has been tumbling around inside the bottom end

Comment

So is the consensus that the motor was fucked even before the swap went underway?
                  ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                  My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                  My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                  But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                  my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

That stinks

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                      So is the consensus that the motor was fucked even before the swap went underway?
                      Most likely. Nothing he did was even in the vicinity of the bottom end. That skirt could have broken off years ago and been clunking around ever since. I'm surprised it never made any noises. I'd expect a lot of piston slap without the skirt there.
                      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I had two of 'em sitting in the bottom of my pan when I tore down my '89 for the P swap.

Time for a new motor. Sucks, but it's part of the game. Good luck on moving forward man.
                        2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.
                        1992 Explorer Eddie Bauer, slight lift, 34s, and A/C...
                        1979 Bronco Custom, 351M/C6/NP205, 4" lift, 35s, lots of fender trimming.

Comment

took the head off and the cylinder walls have no gouges or scores its all smooth so im gonna take other head off and see how those are and if it looks good new crank bearings and pistons.
                          Attached Files

Comment

took off drivers side head and found no gouges or scores so im gonna get new pistons and rod and crank bearings.its a 87 302 sefi and want to know are these pistons press fitted.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Yes, they are pressed, or at least the HO's are.....

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

Working...
                              X