Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hmm... Standard duty or heavy duty water pump?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tow package cars should be an HD pump. My 86 was at least.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Either way, $15 for a Valucraft reman pump is super-cheap, and it's an iron case pump even though it's not specifically labeled as heavy-duty.
      2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

One other thing not mentioned is in addition to the rotor being bigger, the HD is an 8 vane vs the LD being a 6 vane. Cop cars, taxis, and apparently the tow package got the HD's. I wonder about the wagons, probably not without that 3.55.
        1992 CVLX. 5.0 HO/GT40P/T5/3.73/trak-lok with bolt ons. 02 front CVPI setup, rear HPP setup, CVPI shocks around, F250 radiator, e-fans, and the power of 3G. 15.92@89mph, 2.4 60', 4700' elevation (5500' DA) with 3.08 open rear and the old oil chugging 289. RIP.

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
          Tow package cars should be an HD pump. My 86 was at least.
          My 86 came with a heavy duty pump, I wouldn't put on anything else. Don't see a point in downgrading my cooling system.

Comment

Working...
          X