Oil Level Sensor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oil Level Sensor

Is there such an aftermarket thing? My '81 Ford LTD leaks oil like a SOB. I am going to be moving from Decatur, Illinois to Colorado Springs very soon. I recently purchased a 1997 Ford Crown Vic LX Here in Colorado. Right now I am in Colorado. I need to go back to Illinois and drive my LTD here.

If I drive my 81 LTD 200 miles or so it will develop a knock. It is fine driving around town if I check it every few days or so. Is there an oil level sensor and how difficult would it be to install?

when the oil light comes on... add more oil... or just check it every 150 miles/pee break.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

:-\

Comment

Yeah.. throw a case of oil in the trunk and pull over and add some when you take a leak.
        "Shakedown"- 1991 Grand Marquis GS Dual exhaust, Magnaflow xl turbos, Rear anti sway bar, Outlaw 1 wheels, 43k miles
        1985 GMC 1500

Comment

I think that is my only option I looked on Summit Racing, and they had a sensor, but you need a special oil pan they offer to go with it for a 302. So yeah I guess I will just check it every 100 miles or so. That's only 8 or 9 stops from Decatur, IL to Colorado Springs.
          Last edited by saiyaneye; 07-24-2010, 01:31 AM.

Comment

Do you have any idea where you are losing the oil? is it burning it or leaking out?
            -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

The oil level sensor was optional. If there is a thing on the driver's side of the oil pan with a wire coming out, then you have it. If not, then your car doesn't have one.
              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I def don't have it, my care is as base as it gets. Manual windows, manual locks, etc.

And it does a combo of leaking and burning oil from about every gasket but the valve covers.

Comment

Working...
                X