iac gasket?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iac gasket?

ok im not sure exactly what hijacking threads is because me being a guy and all i dont read directions till i need to. so i made a new one.

but what my question is, on another thread sombody said that an iac gasket was upsidedown and changing it fixed his idle problem!! wtf!!! man since i changed the iac on my 91 gmq it wouldnt idle with the ac on so i turned up idle screw after many agonizing hours staring at it. fuckme upsidedown!! could this be the case with my car? lemmie know, i dont wanna take it off if it dont relate to my year. fuck couldnt they put THIS END UP on the damn thing? shit they probly used to before the mexicans started makin them.
    My wife and I.sigpic

basically, if the gasket is lined up to the holes on the IAC, then it's right. If it's not, it will be blocking some, if not all, of the holes that pass the air through. Check the contacts on the harness too while you're at it. If it's only having trouble with the AC on, then it may be that the computer isn't getting the signal from the AC to adjust the idle up.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Working...
    X