X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Neal 97 250 View Post
    Update:
    Well I got the engine out of the '90.
    I have been going out every night about 9:00 till 10:30 or 11:00. Little at a time. New baby and all restricts time in shop big time! Anyway it came out no prob. Lifted it a tad and pulled. then disconnected the ground wires from the rear of the block and bam! It's out. No helpers by myself. Easy as pie!
    Makes me happy. Now I can clean the compartment up and start the painting process. I will probably get my exploder engine in a week or two depending on finances. Then I will star a whole new thread with lots of questions. Mild mods... for now...! muuuuuhaaahaaha. Then the big mods will come later.

Thanks again guys!

P.S. I have been taking plenty of pics. I will have plenty to show you once it gets interesting.
    PICS!!!!! Please?
    Did the torque converter stay in the trans? You supported the trans right? If you find some extra Mass Air ECMs, with an automatic please think of me!!! I need one!!!

Comment

Yup the TC stayed in there.
      And I have a jack under the tranny. Stuck some wood under there yesterday to hold it up. Jack started leaking down a little.
      There is a junk yard next to me they have mark VIII's and a few other cars. Not sure what is left under the hood but sometimes the computers and MAF's are still there.

I have a '95 computer but that is the 4.6L engine. You probably don't want that though do you?

Comment

Yup the TC stayed in there.
        And I have a jack under the tranny. Stuck some wood under there yesterday to hold it up. Jack started leaking down a little.
        There is a junk yard next to me they have mark VIII's and a few other cars. Not sure what is left under the hood but sometimes the computers and MAF's are still there.

I have a '95 computer but that is the 4.6L engine. You probably don't want that though do you?
        That won't work for me no. Mark VIIIs are too new won't work. They run the 4.6 as well.

Need a Fox body mustang 5.0 MAF computer. I'd recommend you do the same.

Comment

That is what I am looking for. I hear '89 - '03 is best.
          If I find two I will let you know. The junkyard next door has just junk, I guess hence the name. But no 5.0's in there. Found one in an explorer but blown.

Comment

That is what I am looking for. I hear '89 - '93 is best.
            fixed that for you.

Comment

Working...
            X