Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

89 marq...fuel pressure regulator location?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

89 marq...fuel pressure regulator location?

Trying to trace down a bad misfire at idle. Thought I'd look at the fuel pump and regulator...but where is the regulator?

Regulator on the drivers side of the engine, on the lower intake, on the fuel rail, with a red vacuum hose coming out of it.

Comment

check the fuel pressure first. the regulator and pump don't go bad that often. test port is on the passenger corner of the rail, looks like a tire stem. 30-35 psi at idle with the vacuum line connected and 40-45 psi with the vacuum unhooked is what you want to see. if its low, try replacing the fuel filter first.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

as gadget said check fuel filter, i would like to add check plugs,wires for any burnt spot, and def the distro cap
        89 townie, mild exhuast up grades, soon to have loud ass stereo....

Comment

Working...
        X