X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

uh-oh: 1990 vs 1991 gasket kit?

Hi!

Just ordered my rebuild kit from northern auto parts

My engine block supposedly came from a 1990 mustang, but of course the guy wasn't sure. I know it's '87-'92 from the pistons at any rate.

Now according to northern auto, their '86-'90 kit is different from their '91-'93, something to do with gaskets.

I ordered the '90 kit, but just called a ford dealer and he thinks from casting numbers (but is not sure) that I might have a '91 block.

Northern auto could not supply any details on WHICH gaskets were different.
    I kindof thought all the blocks, heads, oil pans, valve covers, water pumps... I kindof thought everything was exactly the same for years and years

Anyone know what might have been different? If it's just one gasket that isn't even different at all I won't care; if it's one gasket that is different, maybe I'll buy that one gasket from autozone; if it's multiples I might want to send back the '90 kit however....

thanks!
    -Bernard

I did some research and it appears that the kits are mostly the same with just a few minor gaskets that are different
    sigpic

1988 Signature Series Town Car

Comment

Nothing to my knowledge changed between 1990 and 1991. Blocks are the same. Castings are the same. Any gasket changes are probably not a problem...

Comment

should be no difference that actually matters. The later mustangs, like 94-95 and 92-94 Tbirds had different water pumps and timing covers, but that shouldn't affect you.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
        X